Help getting output to my usb headset

armyman89

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
I have been searching for a while for a solution to this but have been coming up empty. I am running a game and using my external speakers and then try to plug in my usb headset, sound stops playing through the speakers but I get nothing coming in through the headset. I look into my audio devices and it has found the headset just fine and I set it as the default but still no sound through the headset. The issue also seems to work both ways, if I have the headset plugged in when the game starts and unplug it, the audio doesn't output to the default external speakers. Most of what I had found on the internet has been people saying that I have to restart the game with the usb headset plugged in first and I am wondering if there is a way around this. Also this problems seems to occur with any full screen type of game I run like left for dead 2, dungeon defenders, dead island.

any help is greatly appreciated

armyman89

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
sad to hear, so it's pretty much a toss up and lands on the side that said, why didn't you go with the normal headset jacks instead of a usb. Thanks for help, I guess not much can be done as most games apparently aren't able to do that. I wasn't sure if there was any type of application that could take over that function and route the output to the correct device.