Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

How to use a secondary monitor while gaming on the primary

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 3, 2012 9:36:37 PM

Hello,
I just bought two 24 inch asus monitors, and I only use the primary to game. I was wondering if there was a way to use the second to chat, or check email, or web browse while I am gaming?
February 3, 2012 9:39:36 PM

FCubed32 said:
Hello,
I just bought two 24 inch asus monitors, and I only use the primary to game. I was wondering if there was a way to use the second to chat, or check email, or web browse while I am gaming?


Yes. What graphics card do you have? I just set up a dual monitor setup today on my radeon hd 6850. 1 monitor to game the other to chat and check builds and such while gaming.
Score
0
February 3, 2012 9:44:24 PM

If you game full screen it will not be possible to use second one.
Some games got "windowed full screen mode" so you can move mouse away from game to second monitor.
But most don't only choose is to run in "window" mode maximized to full screen then you can move mouse freely.

You can use both while not gaming, but im guessing you already know that :D 
Score
0
Related resources
February 3, 2012 9:59:38 PM

duxducis said:
if you game full screen it will not be possible to use second one.
Some games got "windowed full screen mode" so you can move mouse away from game to second monitor.
But most don't only choose is to run in "window" mode maximized to full screen then you can move mouse freely


nope. i run my games in full screen. i can still move my mouse
Score
0
February 3, 2012 10:57:18 PM

OK ^^
so how do you move your mouse to second monitor out of full screen game??
now i like to know as well
Score
0
February 3, 2012 11:56:22 PM

duxducis said:
OK ^^
so how do you move your mouse to second monitor out of full screen game??
now i like to know as well


I have my monitors set to extend so I can smoothly pass the bezel between the two monitors. If I click anything though, it alt tabs out of the game. :/ 
Score
0
February 4, 2012 12:32:18 AM

ehh ya,,, that the reason why MMO (like wow) now got "full screen window" mode,
game on 1 monitor and web browser on 2nd, without it going minimize or alt tab, can move freely.
Rest 90% of games don't have this ability. sadly
I got all exited thought there was way to simply move mouse to second monitor :( 
Score
0
February 4, 2012 6:08:59 AM

I Run A Dell 2001FP (Soon To Be A Dell 2408FPW) For My Main, For Gaming, Web Browsing, My Toolbars Etc. And My Secondary A 19" Sanyo For Movies, Winamp And To Monitor My Hardware.

Just Set-Up Your Monitors In Dual Monitor Mode As An Extend Desktop.

Its Called Pausing, Alt+TAB Or Alt+Enter When You Wana Do Something On The Secondary Screen And You Happen To Be Mid-Game.
Score
0
February 8, 2012 8:43:16 PM

I found out that If your mainly playing games on steam you can just shift+tab into the overlay and then you can move between the two screens
Score
0
a b Î Nvidia
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
November 2, 2012 9:57:43 PM

FCubed32 said:
I found out that If your mainly playing games on steam you can just shift+tab into the overlay and then you can move between the two screens


...That works if you play a game by launching it through steam to get the overlay too, right?
Score
0
!