Appearance and Themes in Control Panel

Everything I have learned so far about XP and Themes starts by telling me to
click on "Appearance and Themes" in the Control Panel. When I open my
Control Panel, I do not have anything that says "Appearance and Themes."
What's the deal? How can I get it to show up?
4 answers Last reply
More about appearance themes control panel

    It's under 'Display' not Appearances and Themes. The themes is inside the
    'display' applet.. You're welcome.
    "TrishaB4" <TrishaB4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Everything I have learned so far about XP and Themes starts by telling me
    > click on "Appearance and Themes" in the Control Panel. When I open my
    > Control Panel, I do not have anything that says "Appearance and Themes."
    > What's the deal? How can I get it to show up?

    It's available in Control Panel Category view.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    "TrishaB4" <TrishaB4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8157BAD2-B1A0-4398-AD7D-5395000870B9@microsoft.com...
    Everything I have learned so far about XP and Themes starts by telling me to
    click on "Appearance and Themes" in the Control Panel. When I open my
    Control Panel, I do not have anything that says "Appearance and Themes."
    What's the deal? How can I get it to show up?

    I have the same problem. I open Control Panel but don't see Appearance and
    Themes. How do I get to Control Panel Category View?

    "mo3ok" <mo3ok@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    | I have the same problem. I open Control Panel but don't see Appearance and
    | Themes. How do I get to Control Panel Category View?
    |
    | "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:
    | > It's available in Control Panel Category view.
    | > --
    | > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    | > Windows XP Shell/User
    |
    | > "TrishaB4" <TrishaB4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    | > Everything I have learned so far about XP and Themes starts by telling me to
    | > click on "Appearance and Themes" in the Control Panel. When I open my
    | > Control Panel, I do not have anything that says "Appearance and Themes."
    | > What's the deal? How can I get it to show up?

    If you are using the Classic Start Menu, or if you are viewing Control Panel
    as a folder, then just select "Display".

    If you are using the XP-style Start Menu, but you do not see
    "Appearance and Themes" in the Control Panel, then click on the link
    "Category View".

    If you are using the XP-style Start Menu, but you do not see
    "Appearance and Themes" in the Control Panel, but you actually are viewing
    Control Panel in "Category View" mode, then you may need to edit the registry.

Configuration Control Panel Microsoft Customization Windows XP