Customizing cursors...how?

Hi, all! :-)

I downloaded an icon that I wanted for my cursor (it is a cursor)...after I
downloaded it....I opened it...and now I can't figure out how to get the icon
to "become" my cursor. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)
5 answers Last reply
More about customizing cursors

    Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers

    "Ambience" <Ambience@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, all! :-)
    >
    > I downloaded an icon that I wanted for my cursor (it is a cursor)...after
    > downloaded it....I opened it...and now I can't figure out how to get the
    > icon
    > to "become" my cursor. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)

    Cursors have a .cur extension.
    They live here >>>
    C:\WINDOWS\Cursors

    Copy or move your downloaded file here >>>
    C:\WINDOWS\Cursors

    To change the appearance of your mouse pointer
    Open mouse...
    Start | Run | Type: control mouse | OK |
    Pointers tab |
    Do one or both of the following:
    To change all of your pointers at one time, select a new scheme under
    Scheme.
    To change one pointer, select it in the Customize list. Click Browse, and
    then double-click the name of the new pointer you want to use for that task.

    [[A pointer scheme is any combination of pointers used on your desktop. You
    can change any number of pointers and then save them as a new scheme by
    clicking Save As under Scheme. The new scheme will appear in the list under
    Scheme. ]]

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:1CE53C19-398F-4AEC-BB38-488A80022A0E@microsoft.com,
    Ambience <Ambience@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi, all! :-)
    >
    > I downloaded an icon that I wanted for my cursor (it is a
    > cursor)...after I downloaded it....I opened it...and now I can't
    > figure out how to get the icon to "become" my cursor. Any help
    > would be greatly appreciated! :-)

    Thank you so very much, Jerry and Wes! When I got to the control panel
    (mouse) I realized that I had saved my cursor in a different file...so I
    found it and moved it. And now I have my cursor. Thank you so much! :-) God
    bless you!!

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Cursors have a .cur extension.
    > They live here >>>
    > C:\WINDOWS\Cursors
    >
    > Copy or move your downloaded file here >>>
    > C:\WINDOWS\Cursors
    >
    > To change the appearance of your mouse pointer
    > Open mouse...
    > Start | Run | Type: control mouse | OK |
    > Pointers tab |
    > Do one or both of the following:
    > To change all of your pointers at one time, select a new scheme under
    > Scheme.
    > To change one pointer, select it in the Customize list. Click Browse, and
    > then double-click the name of the new pointer you want to use for that task.
    >
    > [[A pointer scheme is any combination of pointers used on your desktop. You
    > can change any number of pointers and then save them as a new scheme by
    > clicking Save As under Scheme. The new scheme will appear in the list under
    > Scheme. ]]
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > Wes
    >
    > In news:1CE53C19-398F-4AEC-BB38-488A80022A0E@microsoft.com,
    > Ambience <Ambience@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Hi, all! :-)
    > >
    > > I downloaded an icon that I wanted for my cursor (it is a
    > > cursor)...after I downloaded it....I opened it...and now I can't
    > > figure out how to get the icon to "become" my cursor. Any help
    > > would be greatly appreciated! :-)

    I don't know what cursors you're using, but you can find more customizable
    cursors here: http://www.stardock.com/products/cursorxp/ ,
    http://www.download.com/3000-2317-10070056.html?part=80664%2520&subj=dlpage&tag=button .
    It's free program and works well on my XP systems.

    --
    Curt.

    "Ambience" <Ambience@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, all! :-)
    >
    > I downloaded an icon that I wanted for my cursor (it is a cursor)...after
    > downloaded it....I opened it...and now I can't figure out how to get the
    > icon
    > to "become" my cursor. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)

    Keep having fun! ;-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:9B90E67B-B735-4C8C-BFEC-9176B38601FE@microsoft.com,
    Ambience <Ambience@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Thank you so very much, Jerry and Wes! When I got to the control
    > panel (mouse) I realized that I had saved my cursor in a different
    > file...so I found it and moved it. And now I have my cursor. Thank
    > you so much! :-) God bless you!!
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> Cursors have a .cur extension.
    >> They live here >>>
    >> C:\WINDOWS\Cursors
    >>
    >> Copy or move your downloaded file here >>>
    >> C:\WINDOWS\Cursors
    >>
    >> To change the appearance of your mouse pointer
    >> Open mouse...
    >> Start | Run | Type: control mouse | OK |
    >> Pointers tab |
    >> Do one or both of the following:
    >> To change all of your pointers at one time, select a new scheme under
    >> Scheme.
    >> To change one pointer, select it in the Customize list. Click
    >> Browse, and then double-click the name of the new pointer you want
    >> to use for that task.
    >>
    >> [[A pointer scheme is any combination of pointers used on your
    >> desktop. You can change any number of pointers and then save them as
    >> a new scheme by clicking Save As under Scheme. The new scheme will
    >> appear in the list under Scheme. ]]
    >>

    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >> Wes
    >>
    >> In news:1CE53C19-398F-4AEC-BB38-488A80022A0E@microsoft.com,
    >> Ambience <Ambience@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Hi, all! :-)
    >>>
    >>> I downloaded an icon that I wanted for my cursor (it is a
    >>> cursor)...after I downloaded it....I opened it...and now I can't
    >>> figure out how to get the icon to "become" my cursor. Any help
    >>> would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Configuration Cursor Microsoft Customization Windows XP