Status
Not open for further replies.

kiltbunny

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
Just built a rig and having issues with this card. i5 2.5k ... Mobo Gigabyte GA Z-68 AP-D3. Couldn't get video to come up at all with the GTX460 plugged in. Put in an old card and everything came up just fine. Uninstalled the old cards drivers, plugged in the GTX460 - nothing. Monitor won't even come on. The fan on the card itself starts running... just nothing posts. Help? Super-newb here trying to make this thing work.

Solution
The couple GTX460's I just looked up all had 2 6-pin PEG connectors. You have to have both plugged into your PSU or it will do what your GPU is doing....spin fans on 100% and not boot. If your PSU only has 1 PEG connector built in, use the Molex adapter that was included with the GPU. If they weren't included, you can buy them off Newegg for cheap, or better yet get a better PSU.

Edit: This is the adapter: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812887001

Vettedude

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Hmm a crappermaster. Does your GTX460 have 2 6-pin PEG connectors on it? You need to have both plugged in if it does and if it doesn't the Molex adapters technically work, they just suck a lot.

kiltbunny

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
By PEG adapters do you mean the plug things? I have one of them plugged, but the other one I don't have another 6pin that fits it. Nothing on the PSU looks like it will fit. What do you mean by Molex? Is that something that would have come with the card?

I apologize. I really have little clue what I'm doing. :)

Vettedude

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
The couple GTX460's I just looked up all had 2 6-pin PEG connectors. You have to have both plugged into your PSU or it will do what your GPU is doing....spin fans on 100% and not boot. If your PSU only has 1 PEG connector built in, use the Molex adapter that was included with the GPU. If they weren't included, you can buy them off Newegg for cheap, or better yet get a better PSU.

Edit: This is the adapter: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812887001

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.