Computer Problem Read For info

bdmorey

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Hello,
my computer will start to start up and it seems that the fans are a little too fast and then it shuts down before anything on the screen pops up.. within about 3-6 seconds after i press the power button. i really xont think nothing has gone bad in my computer i have windows xp, nvidia 7900 gforce sli, asus motherboard, amd dual core processor, 500 watt power supply, and 2 4 gb ram sticks... i have tried to take everything out of the computer clean them off and put them back.. i have also tried to take out the motherboard battery and put it back in after 1 minute... i have disconnected every cord and plugged them back in.. i dont know what else i could do but i would like to see i someone could maybe tell me if they had this problem and what was wrong with it.. please and thank you

killermoats

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2008
7900's take a bit of power. Your PSU may not be strong enought to run 2 cards. Pull one card and see if it boots. Is there any bios screen? Does the motherboard have a SLI circuit switch? (about the size of laptop memory and sits between the 2 cards)

TRENDING THREADS