Sign in with
Your question
Solved

PC RESTARTS OWN IT'S OWN

Last response: in Components
July 25, 2012 12:59:32 PM

Hello, I'm having this weird problem for the last few days. I've noticed that whenever the +3.3 Voltage goes below 2.69 my computer restarts. I have a temporary solution for this just shake the wires connecting my mobo a bit and thinks get normal. But it's only works for few days and the problem crops up again. I need a permanent solution for this. Please help me

P.S I think it's my PSU, since it's a NO-NAME cheap PSU.

More about : restarts

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
July 25, 2012 1:33:01 PM

I have the same issue with some of my boxes...the cause of my problem is that I like to route my cables so everything is nice and tight but this means that I bend the 24 pin mobo connector weird ways...this causes poor contact sometimes and the plug isnt fully seated and over time comes out just a little to cause random issues...try removing the 24pin cable and plug it back in moving the cable so that nothing is tugging on it....how did you get the 3.3 voltage reading?
a b ) Power supply
July 25, 2012 1:44:43 PM

Technoob663 said:
Hello, I'm having this weird problem for the last few days. I've noticed that whenever the +3.3 Voltage goes below 2.69 my computer restarts. I have a temporary solution for this just shake the wires connecting my mobo a bit and thinks get normal. But it's only works for few days and the problem crops up again. I need a permanent solution for this. Please help me

P.S I think it's my PSU, since it's a NO-NAME cheap PSU.

Try another PSU to find out, before it gets worst.
m
l
Related resources
August 2, 2012 1:18:09 PM

drums101 said:
I have the same issue with some of my boxes...the cause of my problem is that I like to route my cables so everything is nice and tight but this means that I bend the 24 pin mobo connector weird ways...this causes poor contact sometimes and the plug isnt fully seated and over time comes out just a little to cause random issues...try removing the 24pin cable and plug it back in moving the cable so that nothing is tugging on it....how did you get the 3.3 voltage reading?

Yes, my 24 pin mobo wire is really twisted, i've noticed that whenever i press the connector a bit, +3.3 voltage goes up to 3.056 and when i release it, it goes back down to 2.96 or below... i'll try and see if it works btw thank u :) 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 2, 2012 5:53:36 PM

yea no problem good luck I hope thats what it is...if it doesnt solve your issue then like Nikorr said try a different psu
m
l
August 3, 2012 12:09:17 PM

Best answer selected by technoob663.
m
l
August 3, 2012 12:12:34 PM

Thanks man it really worked, my PC isn;t restarting anymore :D  But i'll change my PSU to be on the safe side. Again thank u very much :wahoo: 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 3, 2012 5:09:28 PM

if your problem has gone away I wouldnt bother changing out your psu...I have had the same issues that you had and once I did the cable fix it has been fine for a year and a half now...no need to waste your money on a new psu unless the problem comes back
m
l
!