Pedrovsky

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012
Ok guys i'm building this new mATX build for IB i want some advice in some components because i want it not only to performe but look good. This is pc will do a variaty of things being the most taxing one (i believe) gaming. It will be taxing on the cpu not on graphics card because it won't go over 1366x768, so i'm not thinking of going high end there, i guess a 7850 is pretty much as far as i would go.

It's gonna be built inside a fractal design core 1000 and the mother you'll be a asrock z77 extreme4-M and is not up to changing.

Now inicialy I thought about going Gold/Black all the way so my choices were:

PSU: Corsair cx600 v2
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Gold 1600 cl9
Drive: Sony optiarc black bulk

I figured that being concerned about the looks, there's was little gold there to my liking. So i thought about going white/black, so it go to this:

PSU: OCZ SILENCER MKIII 600w
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP white 1600 cl9 (this one is 1.35v)
Drive: Any white one tbh

This second one should be around 20 bucks more expensive... what i really want to know is:

Is the PSU from OCZ worth it or the CX is that much better?

What about the RAM? I read somewhere 1.5v is the way to go, but if it is lower it means i'll probably be able to go from 1.35 to 1.5 easy and make it like 1866 no real problem right?

Oh and also give your opinion on the looks...

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
I'd go with this:
OCZ SILENCER MKIII 600w it puts out more Amps. Also the RAM shouldn't be an issue. 1.35 to 1.5 is minimal. Color schemes are okay.