Enyar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
So, I don't know much about PC's, but I've decided to build one believe it or not (When I say build I mean buy the parts and get someone to put it together for me) Basically, what am I going to need and where can I get this stuff? I've looked online but to no avail. From my limited knowledge I know that I need:

Processor

GFX card

Motherboard

Power supply

Sound card

Hard Drive

I'm sure you need other stuff, but I think that's most of the major stuff there.

Also, will it be possible to build a decent set-up with about 400-500 pounds?

Twiddledum

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
By pounds I am going to assume UK so you will be limited. Tiger direct will ship to the UK. http://www.misco.co.uk this is the UK version of tiger direct page. other than that there are few other retailers with fair to decent prices online for the UK that I know of. But it is a good place to start. As for the budget you should be able to build a fairly decent PC for that. Even more so if you already have the Monitor that cuts 50-75 pounds off right there :) Also A lot of Motherboards come with x-fi sound chips or the equivalant there of in them today so the odds of needing a sound card are low unless you just realy want one.

G

1 motherboard

2 Processor

3 Ram

4 Hard disk

5 Video card ( also motherboard have in-built chip)

6 Cabinet

7 Power supply ( also comes with cabinet). ( separate buy is always better)

8 Monitor

9 Keyboard and mouse.

10. Sound card (optional , also comes in-built in mother board and is generally sufficient)

11 Dvd or bluray writer.

12 Speaker set.

13. web cam

These are the essential parts. 400 - 500 is good money for a decent rig. There are many posts here about rig of ur budget in the forum . Refer to those. U will get all answers there.

Also add operating system