Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Dual GTX560Ti SLI or Dual GTX570 SLI?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 4, 2012 5:13:23 PM

Hey :p , I'm building a new gaming rig, I've gotten pretty much every single part I need except for my graphics cards, which I'm planning to go dual SLI with. But is there a noticeable difference between dual SLI GTX 560 Ti's (Asus DCU2 TOP) and dual SLI GTX 570's? Is the price difference worth it? Because I can choose to go with the 560 Ti's or get a 570 and then save up for the second one and I really need to know if it's worth it. Thanks :) 
February 4, 2012 5:24:33 PM

If you can get ahold of 2 560Ti 448's, they are just off the 570s, and they have the same VRAM, but they are about 50-60$ cheaper!

Otherwise Radeon HD 6950's are nice crossfire scalers, just make sure you get ones with decent cooling.
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2012 5:26:24 PM

I have 2 standard gtx 560tis in sli (the asus dc2 models) when oced they are practically the same as 570 sli, bottom line is they scream @ 1200p

having owned a 570 as well the performance margin is negligible

best of all I got each card for 210 AR so that 420 dollars worth of gpus instead of 600+ for the 448 model or 570s but ultimately its up to you
Related resources
February 4, 2012 5:28:46 PM

LtnCharles said:
If you can get ahold of 2 560Ti's 448, they are just off the 570s, and they have the same VRAM, but they are about 50-60$ cheaper!


Yeah two 560Ti 448's was my original plan because they're pretty much almost the same thing as the 570, but I'm buying from retail stores and in Australia too so I can't really get ahold of them..
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2012 5:29:49 PM

Im telling you go with the 384 core models you will not regret it, in SLi they are deadly :) 

more importantly, what is your psu make and model as well as your monitors resolution and pertanent system specs that you will be running these gtx cards in?
a c 88 U Graphics card
February 4, 2012 5:30:32 PM

The only way to get the 560ti 448's in oz is to get them from ebay unfortunately
February 4, 2012 5:31:26 PM

jjb8675309 said:
Im telling you go with the 384 core models you will not regret it, in SLi they are deadly :) 


I know, I've seen reviews about it :p 
February 4, 2012 5:32:58 PM

monsta said:
The only way to get the 560ti 448's in oz is to get them from ebay unfortunately


Yeah :(  henceforth why I had to exclude that from my options :/ 
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2012 5:34:08 PM

besides that the asus models oc like beasts... you will be darn near a gtx 570 if you can put a nice clock on them.... mine can run past 1 ghz core without jamming too much voltage in them but instead I just run them at stock and that is plenty of power, my 2 cents have fun!
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2012 5:35:42 PM

896 cuda cores vs 768 cuda cores :lol: 
February 4, 2012 5:36:36 PM

jjb8675309 said:
besides that the asus models oc like beasts... you will be darn near a gtx 570 if you can put a nice clock on them.... mine can run past 1 ghz core without jamming too much voltage in them but instead I just run them at stock and that is plenty of power, my 2 cents have fun!


I see, but is paying the premium for 570s worth it?
February 4, 2012 5:37:46 PM

Will you be running more than one screen?
a c 88 U Graphics card
February 4, 2012 5:38:45 PM

-Jackson said:
I see, but is paying the premium for 570s worth it?



You will have one hell of a fast gaming pc thats for sure
February 4, 2012 5:39:01 PM

LtnCharles said:
Will you be running more than one screen?


Nope, just a 1920 x 1080

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2012 5:40:17 PM
Share

Are 570s with it?

Well basically what im trying to say is no, their not... not in my opinion at least if you are gaming on a single 1080p, for the money id still buy what I have again(Asus dc2 gtx 560tis), its not like the extra .25mb of vram is going to really help that much and when you ramp up the Ti's clocks it is darn near a 570 so in SLi it will be even less noticeable given the added performance of having dual Ti's to begin with. If you wanna spend an extra 200-250 dollars for very little performance gain imo then go with the 570s otherwise the ASUS or MSI gtx 560tis in SLi are an excellent choice in my opinion. I am partial bc I own them but having used a range of different gpu configs in the recent future this is by far the most cost effective and powerful/reliable solution I have come across, period.

Im sure some would argue against this but there is no game that I play other than metro that I cannot run absolutely maxed out @ 1200p

It absolutley tears through BF3, Skyrim, Crysis 2, Just Cause 2... not that any of these titles are particularly demanding but just to give you an idea
February 4, 2012 5:42:49 PM

Best answer selected by -Jackson.
a c 88 U Graphics card
February 4, 2012 5:43:10 PM

Agreed , it all depends on how much you really want to spend , I myself have 560tis SLI and got to say it kicks butt!
February 4, 2012 5:43:14 PM

-Jackson said:
Nope, just a 1920 x 1080


Well Nvidia is the way to go then!
Even though I am a slightly AMD biased ;) 
February 4, 2012 5:43:50 PM

jjb8675309 said:
Are 570s with it?

Well basically what im trying to say is no, their not... not in my opinion at least if you are gaming on a single 1080p, for the money id still buy what I have again(Asus dc2 gtx 560tis), its not like the extra .25mb of vram is going to really help that much and when you ramp up the Ti's clocks it is darn near a 570 so in SLi it will be even less noticeable given the added performance of having dual Ti's to begin with. If you wanna spend an extra 200-250 dollars for very little performance gain imo then go with the 570s otherwise the ASUS or MSI gtx 560tis in SLi are an excellent choice in my opinion. I am partial bc I own them but having used a range of different gpu configs in the recent future this is by far the most cost effective and powerful/reliable solution I have come across, period.



Thanks :)  You've been very helpful, saved me a lot a money too :p 
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2012 5:43:57 PM

With the 570s and 580s you can quad sli them if you ever feel the need to whereas the 560ti is limited to just sli x2.
February 4, 2012 5:46:42 PM

mightymaxio said:
With the 570s and 580s you can quad sli them if you ever feel the need to whereas the 560ti is limited to just sli x2.


Quad SLI is a bit over the top for me at this time and pricey too!
a b U Graphics card
February 4, 2012 5:46:47 PM

^ good point but that also involves spending a boatlad more money on the nessesary psu and motherboard to run such a setup...

We can dream though ! It will happen one day :) 
a c 88 U Graphics card
February 4, 2012 5:47:35 PM

If you need a hand finding prices Im in here in oz , how much are you finding them?
February 4, 2012 5:49:19 PM

monsta said:
If you need a hand finding prices Im in here in oz , how much are you finding them?


Actually, more expensive than their US counterparts :( 
a c 212 U Graphics card
February 4, 2012 5:50:52 PM

Two 560 Ti's = 862 fps in Guru3D game test suite
One 570 = 524 fps in Guru3D game test suite...two 570's = 873 fps

Looks like an easy decision
a c 88 U Graphics card
February 4, 2012 6:03:42 PM

Yup greenbox is out of stock of them, Arc has them at the best price, just check if they have any in stock.
February 4, 2012 6:05:59 PM

monsta said:
Yup greenbox is out of stock of them, Arc has them at the best price, just check if they have any in stock.



I emailed them a few days ago and they said they should be getting stock on the 12th
a c 88 U Graphics card
February 4, 2012 6:09:59 PM

Awesome, great choice...you wont be sorry :) 
February 4, 2012 6:13:00 PM

monsta said:
Awesome, great choice...you wont be sorry :) 


Hehe I hope not :p 
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 4, 2012 11:00:44 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!