Taskbar stuck in XP format

November 5, 2004 9:00:14 PM

Hi,
Ever since I first built my system 18 months ago I've used the windows
classic theme rather than the XP default (perhaps I'm perverse but I just
like it better). Recently after an update (to WinZip V9.0Sr1 from WinZip 8)
each time after I boot my theme goes to XP. I change it back to classic,
reboot, and its XP style again..
Any suggestions on how I can get it to stay in Windows classic mode.
Thanks

PS I've loaded SP2 and all subsequent security patches

More about : taskbar stuck format

Anonymous
November 5, 2004 9:00:15 PM

Hi,

See if this helps:

Save settings of exit (line 54, right column)

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org
Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm
The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol:
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php
"Gilgamesh" <gilgamesh@spam.me.not.com> wrote in message news:eU$JPlwwEHA.3108@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
Hi,
Ever since I first built my system 18 months ago I've used the windows
classic theme rather than the XP default (perhaps I'm perverse but I just
like it better). Recently after an update (to WinZip V9.0Sr1 from WinZip 8)
each time after I boot my theme goes to XP. I change it back to classic,
reboot, and its XP style again..
Any suggestions on how I can get it to stay in Windows classic mode.
Thanks

PS I've loaded SP2 and all subsequent security patches
November 6, 2004 7:22:04 PM

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately it didn't help.
I may have to resign myself to being stuck with this dumb (in my opinion) XP
look.

!