Sign in with
Your question

Rosewill Green 630 vs Corsair Builder cx600

Last response: in Components
July 25, 2012 7:11:24 PM

They are pretty much the same price on newegg. I was recommended the corsair 600 but I think the rosewill has less 3 star and under reviews. Opinions?

Rosewill
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-182-...

Corsair
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

going to be running a hd7850 and i5 3570
a b ) Power supply
July 25, 2012 7:12:55 PM

rosewill makes junk, get the corsair
a c 105 ) Power supply
July 25, 2012 7:23:50 PM

daswilhelm said:
rosewill makes junk, get the corsair

I call BS. Rosewill hasn't offered NEW PSUs that are junk for years. Even one of their Stallions passed Jonnyguru testing. The RG630 got a Golden award at HardwareSecrets: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Rosewill-Green-S...
By comparison, the Corsair Builders reviewed well also, but the V2 is the result of cost-cutting measures, so I'd be a little leery of them. Corsair may be resting on reputation, whereas Rosewill is actively trying to rebuild theirs from the junk they did offer many years ago.

Personally, in this case I think I'd pick the Rosewill.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
July 25, 2012 7:44:32 PM

did u read the reviews on newegg? would never recommend anything from that company.
a b ) Power supply
July 25, 2012 8:08:16 PM

daswilhelm said:
did u read the reviews on newegg? would never recommend anything from that company.

dude your comparing user reviews to professional reviews.. if you reject rosewill, then why shop at newegg rosewill is neweggs own company

historically rosewill psus were bad, but because of complaints, their newer and newer units have gotten better overtime. starting withsome of the really early non certified models, rosewill started picking up when it created the lightning series, after the lightning series, it has gone uphill with the Hive, Capstone and now their new units, the Fortress(platinum certified) has already gotten good reviews(albeit the 550w model could of had 4 6 pins easily on it) and this ONLY happened because of them wanting to fix what they did bad before, unlike other big companies like crappermaster.

Although in this situation with the 15% sale for corsair, i would go corsair as of right now for a single card build just because it is cheaper, but it doesnt mean that the rosewill model sucks. anandtech used both the low wattage models for the 350-450w round up tests for psus and neither of the 2 made top 3, rosewill was the cutoff line for decent psu and corsair was only a tad higher than it, both are completely usable units.
a b ) Power supply
July 25, 2012 8:15:28 PM

i saw a few to many DOA's on the review list, and yea, its a "store-brand". after seeing many rosewill supplies get burnt, i would never recommend one. or you could just tell the poor guy to get a rosewill, and then in a few months we can see him back here again asking what a good p/s is...
a b ) Power supply
July 25, 2012 8:17:24 PM

daswilhelm said:
i saw a few to many DOA's on the review list, and yea, its a "store-brand". after seeing many rosewill supplies get burnt, i would never recommend one. or you could just tell the poor guy to get a rosewill, and then in a few months we can see him back here again asking what a good p/s is...

the corsair unit has 42 1 eggs and the rosewill unit has 36...
a b ) Power supply
July 25, 2012 8:30:01 PM

hey sure try it out, let us know how it works for you
a b ) Power supply
July 25, 2012 8:32:32 PM

If you are buying a PSU in the 50$ range your best bet is the NZXT HALE82 650-M.It provides more power than the other two power supplies and also features a modular cabling system.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Just to be clear it's more than enough to run two heavily overclocked HD 7850's
July 25, 2012 9:18:41 PM

Decided to go with the corsair just because its 65-9.75 with newegg promo code and comes with 20 rebate card which brings it down to $35. Probably the best deal going and more than enough for my single 7850 as long as its not doa. :bounce: 
a c 105 ) Power supply
July 25, 2012 10:02:28 PM

Newegg user reviews are not the same thing as competent technical reviews, with load testing, waveform analysis, etc.
Only when you find definite patterns in them are they worth much.
a b ) Power supply
July 25, 2012 10:36:59 PM

technical reviewers dont review products for, lets say, 4-6 months to see how long they last.
a b ) Power supply
July 25, 2012 10:37:22 PM

daswilhelm said:
technical reviewers dont review products for, lets say, 4-6 months to see how long they last.

even with that argument, more people on newegg user review wise had problems with the corsair unit rather than the rosewill unit sheer # wise.
a c 105 ) Power supply
July 26, 2012 12:52:56 AM

^The information on that page is in many cases outright Wrong, especially when talking about loads on a PSU, and finally by recommending a single-rail design. A properly current-limited multi-rail design will never have "trapped power" on an under-used rail (from old PC Power & Cooling claims, not this page in particular), and will be considerably safer, much more readily able to recognize a short circuit as something other than a heavy load.
The remark about graphics cards using 120% of TDP when playing games is gibberish; even benchmark testing is not likely to draw the full 100% of TDP.
July 26, 2012 12:57:57 AM

Rosewill has stepped their game up on their latest of power supplies

I can't speak for their older ones but the newer ones definately take the cake for $/watt and perform well.

Any psu can fail, any psu can be defective, any imbicle can write a newegg review, any poorly installed PSU (by user error or by under estimating system usage) can be the cause of the error for failure. Blaming the manufacturers doesn't do anything but mislead people into thinking they are bad products if no research is put forth into finding out what the psu in question failed because of.
!