Computer Mess Up..

SuuriOrange

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Ever since I built my PC it's been a mess; Crashes have especially been a big problem. PLEASE HELP! been looking for help for over 6 months and no-one knows.

Here are my PC specs before I tell you my problems.

CPU: Intel Core I5 2500k

GPU: Nvidia GTX 560Ti Factory Overclocked
Core Clock 900 (std 822) MHz
Memory Clock 4000 MHz
Shader Clock 1800 MHz
Memory Size 1 GB GDDR5

PSU: Coolermaster 650W GX

RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3

HDD: 1TB Samsung (CRAP)
W/ OS on it.
1TB Caviar Black (AMAZING)

I haven't Overclocked anything myself, but the GPU was factory overclocked
http://www.ebuyer.com/253958-gigabyte-gtx-560ti-oc-1gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-mini-hdmi-out-pci-e-gv-n560oc-1gi

GENERAL CRASHING
So my problems? Firstly the main problem is general, random crashes, every now and again (sometimes everyday, sometime over 2 weeks or so) I get random crashes such as bad_pool_header and there was another about Memory, but I forgot what it said, Theres no real specific time in which it does it, only random.

My other problem is During GAMING:
I've only seemed to have this on 2 games but there too epic to ignore ;)

Firstly Battlefield, which I've tried all settings and it still crashes, but I think as I go on LOW then sometimes I can stay up to 1 or if I'm lucky 2 games, on High or Ultra Settings I only get 30 seconds of gameplay. Once it freezes then the computer completely freezes on the same frame, sometime I can hear split seconds of sound while it's frozen, but after I have to restart my computer as it's completely locked, which takes fricken ages because of my operating system on my crap hard-drive :( I'd like to add that the frame-rate is perfectly fine during the process, getting 60+ on High and 80 or so and on Low.

The second game is Crysis 2, which seemed to freeze around the same areas, sometimes it freezes sometimes not, but it seemed to be the same areas.

What I think the problem could be?
I really don't know, as it could be a few problems.

POWER SUPPLY: Is 650W enough? also when in game, the power supply fan is screaming, not literally, but is really load, loader than the rest of the fans put together.
CPU: Ok, when I built the computer I didn't put the cooler on properly for it, and I was letting it go over 80C for minutes :( I totally regret it, and I'm not sure whether that has effected it's performance, at least it works
GPU: The fact it's overclocked? don't know whether it's overheating

Overall I think it may be my PSU, would it freeze because it's too hot?
I'm going to try and clean install my driver again an I'll get back to you.

Well that PSU is basically junk (http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=188) so that could be the problem.

A good PSU from Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, XFX would be fine as long a it is 550w+

joecole1572

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
The fact that your GPU is factory over clocked shouldn't be a problem. They usually test those things well enough to make sure they are stable.

The crashes could come from a bad driver. I might say that it could be a graphics card issue. Does the computer crash more often during games, or during general computing. You may have to RMA the card and get a new one. Do you have a spare graphics card that you can use to see if you still have problems without the current gpu?

Another test you should do is a memory test. Download memtest86+ and see if you get any errors when that runs. Bad ram will cause crashes.

Your CPU should be fine. 80C is hot, but you may have escaped damaging it. Was your motherboard set to turn off the computer if the CPU temperature reached a certain limit? You can check this in the BIOS.

Try those tests for starters.

Best of luck

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
A good way to tell if it's the drivers is by using the computer in safe mode. If you it never crashes, then try doing a clean reinstall of your drivers.

If it isn't a driver issue, the first place I would look is the PSU. The psu fan should be temperature controlled, so if it gets really loud, it may mean that the temps are too high. Is your psu installed the correct way? If the psu fan is sucking air from inside the computer rather from outside, then that may be the problem.

SuuriOrange

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Yea It's so load when gaming, and I'm gonna get 750 because I may upgrade later

Thanks! It crashes differently, in general computing it goes to the Blue Screen with the error etc, but in Battlefield when I launch it I know 100% it's gonna crash sometime in the first or second game, and it freezes during the game on one frame.

I don't know whether I can return it and nope, don't have any money as I'm only 16! and it was my first build (I built it last year btw).

hopefully it hasn't damaged it, and I don't know whether it was at that time as I had only just built it, but I know now it is.
I'll try that memtest86+ another time.