Leoniums

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Hello
i just bought a GPU Twintech GTX 570 and 2 new dimms 2x 4Gb at 1600.
After installed the new parts computer logged on windows but a msg appered saying ati bla bla bla problem, and windows crashed. After trying a lot of times to restart pc i couldnt...
Any opinion?

Pc Components.

Asus Maximus Extreme I
2x 4Gb ram at 1600 9-9-9-24 Corsair
2.6 GHz CPU with 4 Cores (cant remember model)

Before the new GPU and RAM i had installed ATI 4870 HD and 4x1Gb Ram at 1066

Thank you in advance.

SectorC

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Hi Leoniums,

Actually I need the BLA BLA BLA message in order to figure out the problem ..

is there any way to read it .. there must be some numbers in almost every computer hardware's error .. anyway did you uninstall the drivers of the old GPU before starting windows with the new graphic card .. I know that the OS can detect and handle that .. but some drivers ignore the OS kernel restriction and try to run anyway .. what graphic card you had before the gtx 570 ??.

Generally to install a graphic card in a safe way this is how you must do.

1 - you uninstall any old graphic driver

2 - if you're under xp .; restart your machine to refresh the OS database (let it know that there is no valid driver for a specific hardware; this is very important)

.. Under 7 ? don't restart it just shutdown the computer and install the new hardware in the slot .

Why ??
because windows 7 will install a temporary driver from his own data base and maybe we will stick with the same driver load problem.

when you install a new graphic hardware .. your OS must be free from any graphic driver. (it's not quiet necessary but this is the safe way to avoid such conflicts)

3 - be sure that your ram is really comfortable with the CPU and GPU speed and vice versa .. well actually corsair 1600Mhz and gtx 570 are good to go.

start your machine .. don't start the OS but head to the bios .. and verify that the bios recognize everything about your display hardware.

Once okay .. start your system .. if even though there was problems .. you have always to memorize anything in the error message as much as you can because that's not really a bla bla bla .. those messages were programmed to be displayed in a specific situation and the hardware doesn't lie.

try to boot the bios and verify more.
hope this help.

Leoniums

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Well
1st of all thanks for your opinion.
Previous GPU was ATI 4870.
I didnt had enough time to read/ write the msg that came up before crashing.
I tried everything, repair, chkdsk /f /r nothing worked out.
I even put my old GPU and RAM but couldnt start up windows...
I didnt removed old drivers or ATI program before the installation of the new GPU...
At last.... i installed the old parts, i restored the pc on a previous day, i unistalled gpu driver and ati program.... shutdown installed the new ones and pc worked fine...
Never had seen a problem like that... For a reason windows crashed from ati drivers probably...
Pc is ok now :)

Thanks for your help. I almost did the same things u posted.

SectorC

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Hi Leoniums,

I'm so glad the issue was resolved.

Back again to life ..we can't live without a computer BRO!!!

best hpes :)