Ati radeon hd 5670 dual monitor

JamTart

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Hi,

I have an ATI Radeon HD5670 1GB GDDR5 graphics card. I want to have dual monitors with my HP monitor and Samsung TV. I tried connecting the DVI cable from my desktop to TV but when I try to extend the display an error message pops up saying "unable to save settings". Do I need to buy a splitter to connect the 2 and which one?

Thanks

mubin

Distinguished
Hi,
No, you dont need to buy. Connect HP monitor to dvi and TV to hdmi via hdmi cable. I think your tv has a hdmi port. If you dont have a hdmi cable then buy it.

JamTart

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Thank you for your answer! My hdmi cable to connected from my tv to my PS3. Can I have both PS3 and dual monitor working together or do I need to buy something to make both connect at the same time?

JamTart

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
I took the HDMI cable out of the PS3 and put in into the graphics card and it works like a charm. I'm guessing I need a HDMI splitter, but I was wondering how it works? Do I put the splitter into the TV and connect a HDMI cable from my graphics card and a HDMI cable from my PS3 into a splitter in the TV?

JamTart

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

Thank you! One last question, would you recommend a normal splitter or a splitter box? Or does it even make a difference?

JamTart

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

Nothing too demanding really, having two monitors is just convenient.

mubin

Distinguished
No need of splitter box for two port. It cost more. Just get a normal splitter with two port. If you concern about quality then get a splitter amplifier which provide better video quality. It will cost less than splitter box, little more than normal splitter.