Sign in with
Your question

Ati radeon hd 5670 dual monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 4, 2012 10:39:58 PM

Hi,

I have an ATI Radeon HD5670 1GB GDDR5 graphics card. I want to have dual monitors with my HP monitor and Samsung TV. I tried connecting the DVI cable from my desktop to TV but when I try to extend the display an error message pops up saying "unable to save settings". Do I need to buy a splitter to connect the 2 and which one?

Thanks
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2012 9:41:29 AM

Hi,
No, you dont need to buy. Connect HP monitor to dvi and TV to hdmi via hdmi cable. I think your tv has a hdmi port. If you dont have a hdmi cable then buy it.
February 5, 2012 11:03:35 AM

Thank you for your answer! My hdmi cable to connected from my tv to my PS3. Can I have both PS3 and dual monitor working together or do I need to buy something to make both connect at the same time?
Related resources
February 5, 2012 8:44:06 PM

I took the HDMI cable out of the PS3 and put in into the graphics card and it works like a charm. I'm guessing I need a HDMI splitter, but I was wondering how it works? Do I put the splitter into the TV and connect a HDMI cable from my graphics card and a HDMI cable from my PS3 into a splitter in the TV?
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2012 2:57:27 AM

Yes, connect splitter to tv as you need tv for both ps3 and pc. Use two cable from splitter to ps3 and pc. That should do it.
February 6, 2012 3:18:47 AM

What are you going to run on two monitors with a 5670?
February 6, 2012 11:58:32 AM

mubin said:
Yes, connect splitter to tv as you need tv for both ps3 and pc. Use two cable from splitter to ps3 and pc. That should do it.

Thank you! One last question, would you recommend a normal splitter or a splitter box? Or does it even make a difference?
February 6, 2012 11:59:38 AM

internetswag said:
What are you going to run on two monitors with a 5670?

Nothing too demanding really, having two monitors is just convenient.
a b U Graphics card
February 6, 2012 1:28:32 PM

No need of splitter box for two port. It cost more. Just get a normal splitter with two port. If you concern about quality then get a splitter amplifier which provide better video quality. It will cost less than splitter box, little more than normal splitter.
February 6, 2012 4:54:33 PM

Ahh okay. Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it! :D 
!