Hp 1254 grapics card problems

travisj54

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
hey guys, i have a hp 1254 an i upgraded the psu an tried to install a friend of mine's video card (evga gtx 295) i know that its a older card but i know it works and would be a hell of a lot better than the integrated graphics. my problem is is when i put the card into the pcie slot and boot the computer i hear 6 beeps from the mother board. i have went into safe mode and disabled the drivers for the stock gpu before the installation of the "new" one. so when that happened i got my friends evga gtx 560 and tried the same process. no beeps but it will not show any video. how can i fix this problem?

travisj54

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
I have a corsair 700 watt psu. It was running fine in my friends computer even after he bought the asus sabertooth mb. Its being a real pain in the rear because its still doint the same thing 6 beeps and no display:/ I have updated the bios and disabled all intergrated grapics drivers I am about to the point of just building a brand new comp and selling this oneD:

travisj54

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
ok. i borrowed a friends amd radeon 6970 video card. installed it and bingo works fine...but my question is is why would the other cards not work? i know that they both work on other computers but y not mine??

Solution