Sign in with
Your question

I\'m currently using a M4A78LT-M-LE motherboard with AMD Athlon II X2 215 CPU, c

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 4, 2012 11:42:16 PM

How many graphics cards can I use at the same time? I'm trying to increase my windows experience index of 4.5. I usually use this computer for editing HD movies.
a c 181 U Graphics card
February 5, 2012 12:21:25 AM

You can only use one and don't go by the windows experience index. It doesn't mean anything and you can force it to say anything you want. I don't even know why they even bother.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 5, 2012 12:37:15 AM

miltimoreb said:
How many graphics cards can I use at the same time? I'm trying to increase my windows experience index of 4.5. I usually use this computer for editing HD movies.

Your motherboard can only accomodate 1 graphics card but it does not stop you from increasing the WEI if you want by getting a more powerful graphics card. But such move requires a better Power Supply Unit so if you have OEM PC chances are you need to buy a new PSU.

What is your PC's complete specifications?
motherboard?
processor?
graphics card?
psu?
RAM?

& since you are interested about increasing your WEI, how much is your WEI target? :) 
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 5, 2012 3:46:53 AM

DM186 said:
Here are some info on the WEI scores. Please read through them and you will understand my reason for not caring about the WEI score.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/266967-32-high-hard-d...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/33074-63-guys-whats-s...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/304948-28-2600k-score

For newbies, WEI is the most readily available measure of how their computer performs. It is not totally worthless as you proclaim. I use it to compare before & after upgrade.

My experience:
1. 1xCaviar Black WD WEI is 5.9 versus 6.3 on 4xCaviar Black on RAID 0.
2. Even just CPU overclocking yields higher WEI.
3. A change to higher performance graphics card yields better WEI too.

In summary, to each his own. Let him be...
m
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
February 6, 2012 1:34:30 AM

miltimoreb said:

There are several opinions on the WEI, however if you check out the links I gave you, it will verify that the WEI is not a good bench marking tool. I suggest that you should seek out other opinions.

This way you will totally be informed. Now if you would like me to "let you be" as the other person suggested, then I will humbly do so. I felt you should you know that the WEI is not an accurate score. However I do wish you good luck on raising your score.
m
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
February 6, 2012 3:55:32 PM

randomkid said:
In summary, to each his own. Let him be...

^^ ? :non: 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 7, 2012 2:55:50 AM

DM186 said:
^^ ? :non: 

Don't :non:  me.
Anyone should have more reason to believe Microsoft than you. If they provide this tool in Windows, it serves a good purpose & you have to take it with a grain of salt if you wish.
m
l
!