CM HAF X in a budget build!??

TheScarecrow97

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
So I am on a fairly tight budget. With only 700 bucks to spend (only 600 for actual parts, I still need an OS), I am going with an amd system.
Originally, I planned to spend about 70 bucks on the case. One that isn't too high end, but that looks "cool" and has nice features (CM Storm Enforcer). But I was looking on cooler master's site and found that they had a refurbished HAF X for only 99 bucks, which is an amazing deal considering its usual price at around 200 bucks. I realize that it may seem like complete overkill for my budget, and that I will never fully utilize all its features, but again, it is literally half off. Additionally, a nice case like that with amazing airflow might be nice since the phenom ii x4 965 does run fairly hot (with a very loud stock fan). Anyhow, I realize i might just be being swayed just because of how good the deal is. I guess I just want some second opinions. Is this a stupid idea? Or is it worth spending another 30 or so bucks on just the case?

Here's a link to the case:
http://www.cmstore-usa.com/haf-x-black-steel-plastic-and-mesh-bezel-atx-full-tower-chassis-refurbished/

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
a Haf-x is huge and way over kill if you're only spending 700, go with a HAF 922 or 932.

I have the 922 and it's an awesome case, I get super low temps compared to what I expected in a case this size.

If you want specific examples of situations and temps I can provide that.

TheScarecrow97

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

Yeah, I have heard fantastic things about both those cases. The only thing is the 922 is priced at 99 bucks, making it exactly the same price as the refurbished HAF X. So why not get more for my money?
CM does have a refurbished 932 for 90 bucks in their store, which I may go for, but again, its only 10 dollars less than the haf x...

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
IMO haf-x at that price if it comes with the fans and stuff. I'm very pleased with my set up (see signature) and the case I have.

I get temps below 40*C on the cpu and below 70*C on the gpus, on average when gaming on max settings with a huge over clock on my cpu and gpus.