Install cm hyper 212 evo on msi z77a-g45

fimfirman

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Hello guys?
Is there any complete guide (with picture) about installing Cooler Master Hyper 212 EV HSF on MS Z77A-G45 and GD65?

Thanks alot in advance.

Solution
It should be either blowing air to the rear if you have an exhaust fan there or up into the bottom of a psu with a bottom fan or up into top mounted exhaust fan(s)

fimfirman

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Actually, I don't want to build new PC myself. I just want to compare the installation on my PC (installed by computer shop engineer) with the 'good practice'. On my PC the HSF installed PERPENDICULAR to the RAM slot. AFAIK, it should be istalled PARALLEL to the RAM Slot.

Well, it IS usually installed parallel to the RAM slots, and I don't think that the heatsink that says "OC Genie" on it would keep that from happening, but it might have, I guess.

shashmahal

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Hmm, that's weird. Well it also depends on the airflow in your case, if the shop guy decided that this way will be better its still weird but why not. Check you temps just in case (cpu,mb,vga,hdd).

fimfirman

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Thanks alot for anwering me guys, and I'm verry sorry for not responding your answer for couples of weeks.
So, finally the computer shop's guy reinstall the HSF. This time it's installed parallel to the ram slots. The problem is SOLVED!

Thanks again!