My Dell Studio laptop broke a little over a year ago when the jumper cable for the power on it snapped. This wasn't a huge deal to me since I was able to recover all of my data that I needed from it and I have my desktop that I can use, so I never really got around to fixing it until now so it hasn't been used in over a year.
I just replaced the power button and it isn't turning on. I'm pretty certain I didn't do anything wrong as far as that goes.
I also noticed that after I plug in the DC adapter (without the battery inserted), the white LED light by the jack briefly lights up (for about a second), then the LED turns off. After plugging in the DC adapter with the battery inserted, the white LED lights up, then the orange LED lights up instead, then the LED turns off.
Nobody should ever be this upset and frustrated and I seriously need help on what I should do. I'm really hoping that it's something that's going to be costly/expensive.