Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I'm moving to the USA from Australia next year, and was wondering
if my modded Xbox will work there? All my games have PAL on the
cases, but as my Xbox is modded, will they play fine, assuming
that my TV is PAL-compatible?

theone

Brian wrote:
> I'm moving to the USA from Australia next year, and was wondering
> if my modded Xbox will work there? All my games have PAL on the
> cases, but as my Xbox is modded, will they play fine, assuming
> that my TV is PAL-compatible?

they sure will. Actually, I have an NTSC box (and TV) but all PALs I've
tried play just fine :)

"Brian" <brian@invalid.com> wrote in message
> I'm moving to the USA from Australia next year, and was wondering
> if my modded Xbox will work there? All my games have PAL on the
> cases, but as my Xbox is modded, will they play fine, assuming
> that my TV is PAL-compatible?

Why would you want to leave Australia and come to the US? Just curious, I've
always wanted to go to Australia...

Jordan

Someone needs to set up a vacation exchange program. I trade my 2
bedroom apartment in Oregon for a 2 bedroom apartment somewhere else
for a week. :^)

- Jordan

"T. Turner" <ty@edswax.com> wrote in message
> "Brian" <brian@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> I'm moving to the USA from Australia next year, and was wondering
>> if my modded Xbox will work there? All my games have PAL on the
>> cases, but as my Xbox is modded, will they play fine, assuming
>> that my TV is PAL-compatible?
>>

> Why would you want to leave Australia and come to the US? Just curious,
> I've
> always wanted to go to Australia...

Its the same concept behind going somewhere on vacation and thinking it is
the greatest place on earth and then actually spending time living there.
The grass is always greener on the other continent.

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Mattinglyfan wrote:

>> Why would you want to leave Australia and come to the US? Just
>> curious, I've always wanted to go to Australia...
>
> Its the same concept behind going somewhere on vacation and thinking
> it is the greatest place on earth and then actually spending time
> living there. The grass is always greener on the other continent.

It's not a case of the grass being greener. I've been to the USA many
times for work and holidays and it's the place to be (for me personally).

theone

Brian wrote:
> Mattinglyfan wrote:
>

>>>Why would you want to leave Australia and come to the US? Just
>>>curious, I've always wanted to go to Australia...
>>
>>Its the same concept behind going somewhere on vacation and thinking
>>it is the greatest place on earth and then actually spending time
>>living there. The grass is always greener on the other continent.
>

> It's not a case of the grass being greener. I've been to the USA many
> times for work and holidays and it's the place to be (for me personally).

so than...the grass is greener on this side,,,, :)

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

theOne wrote:

>>> Its the same concept behind going somewhere on vacation and thinking
>>> it is the greatest place on earth and then actually spending time
>>> living there. The grass is always greener on the other continent.
>>
>> It's not a case of the grass being greener. I've been to the USA
>> many times for work and holidays and it's the place to be (for me
>> personally).
> so than...the grass is greener on this side,,,, :)

What I meant is, it's not a case of finding out that the grass WASN'T
greener. :) I know it's greener, I've seen it's greener, and I want
to revel in that greenery for the rest of my life. :)

robin

>>> It's not a case of the grass being greener. I've been
>>> to the USA
>>> many times for work and holidays and it's the place to
>>> be (for me
>>> personally).
>> so than...the grass is greener on this side,,,, :)
>
> What I meant is, it's not a case of finding out that the
> grass WASN'T
> greener. :) I know it's greener, I've seen it's greener,
> and I want
> to revel in that greenery for the rest of my life. :)

Just hope the US doesn't continue it's budding trend towards
becoming a theocracy.

"Robin" <robinandtami@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Brian" <brian@invalid.com> wrote in message

>>> so than...the grass is greener on this side,,,, :)
>>
>> What I meant is, it's not a case of finding out that the grass WASN'T
>> greener. :) I know it's greener, I've seen it's greener, and I want
>> to revel in that greenery for the rest of my life. :)
>>

> Just hope the US doesn't continue it's budding trend towards becoming a
> theocracy.

OMG, stop raining on our fun with "greenery". Don't you have some pirating
to do or something?

theone

Robin wrote:
> "Brian" <brian@invalid.com> wrote in message

>>>so than...the grass is greener on this side,,,, :)
>>
>>What I meant is, it's not a case of finding out that the
>>grass WASN'T
>>greener. :) I know it's greener, I've seen it's greener,
>>and I want
>>to revel in that greenery for the rest of my life. :)
>>

> Just hope the US doesn't continue it's budding trend towards
> becoming a theocracy.

what does religon and/or politics have to do with the OT? Please don't
spiral this post into some flamin' back and forth between you and the
Xbox right wings :\ You really should look for groups that relate more
to what you like to talk about.

Here, I found a few for you:
misc.activism.progressive
rec.equestrian
soc.culture.jewish.moderated

theone

theOne wrote:
> Robin wrote:
>
>> "Brian" <brian@invalid.com> wrote in message

>>> What I meant is, it's not a case of finding out that the grass WASN'T
>>> greener. :) I know it's greener, I've seen it's greener, and I want
>>> to revel in that greenery for the rest of my life. :)
>>>

>> Just hope the US doesn't continue it's budding trend towards becoming
>> a theocracy.
>>
> what does religon and/or politics have to do with the OT? Please don't
> spiral this post into some flamin' back and forth between you and the
> Xbox right wings :\ You really should look for groups that relate more
> to what you like to talk about.
>
> Here, I found a few for you:
> misc.activism.progressive
> rec.equestrian
> soc.culture.jewish.moderated

I forgot,

Regards,
moderator
:)

"there's a new sheriff in town for you heathens"

Don't make me take your +V away!

"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Someone needs to set up a vacation exchange program. I trade my 2
> bedroom apartment in Oregon for a 2 bedroom apartment somewhere else
> for a week. :^)
>
> - Jordan

Oregon? LOL, good luck.

It's not too Green here in Phoenix!
All I see is Blue Sky's and Brown and red landscapes.

Gary

Good Luck in the States