frenkinstein

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
hey guys, I have a coolermaster hyper 212 evo for my new build, and im planing on getting 16gb of ram (4x4GB). I hear that there is a risk of these 2 components not fitting together on my ASRock z77 e4, so id like to know, if the fan gets in the way of the RAM, will moving the fan to the other side of the heat sink and having it pull from the heat sink and push out the back of the case be as efficient as having it pull from inside the case, then through the heat sink? (thats how it comes)
thanks for any feedback!

frenkinstein

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
wait why wouldnt they be pushing air in the same direction? they would both be pushing air out of the back of the case 0.0 even if that is the case though, is it still better to exhaust out the top?

Pearlmam

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
I don't have the cooler you mention, but from what I read, you can pull the air out the back like you want. I don't know what the cost to performance would be though. It seems that you might gain a degree or two, but that is speculation.

I also think that pointing the cooler up will also gain a degree or two as well. This depends on your case, of course, but most cases favor front to back, even with a top exhaust. I accidentally put my cooler facing up once, and decided to try it out. I have a top exhaust and everything. I gained a few degrees compared to front to back.

Definitely a lot shorter than the Vengeance, and yes, they're as good.

But yeah, I think they'll fit underneath the fan just fine (MUCH easier than the Vengeance would have).