Your question

I7 970, sabertooth x58

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Sabertooth
  • Intel i7
Last response: in CPUs
July 26, 2012 5:59:00 AM

was on vacation and came back to the computer turned off. tryed to start and halts on win startup. tryed removing every thing exept 1 stick of ram and starting, nothing. Ram memtest and passed all tests, turned off OC, cmos reset, cant even startup with a ubuntu live cd.

Next thing i tryed was in bios, Run # of cores. tryed all from 5 down to 1. and it runs on 1 core 2 threads...

im thinking CPU is fryed or least part of it. but want a second opion before buying a new cpu :sweat: 

Sorry if this is the wrong threat. im not used to forums

More about : 970 sabertooth x58

a b à CPUs
July 26, 2012 7:58:15 AM

i've had windows die on me before, i would be quick to blame that before anything else, try hitting F8 before it begins booting and select "Repair your computer"... it has a bad rep but it's saved me a few times

if that fails try re installing windows
July 26, 2012 3:38:08 PM

forgot to mention tryed repair, freezes soon as i hit repair windows, tryed safe mode. freezes at loading pnp*.sys. Tryed reinstalling winblows on a brand new hard drive, wont load past the first window to the cd.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
July 27, 2012 1:38:00 AM

will ubunu install correctly?
July 27, 2012 3:04:09 AM

nna2 said:
will ubunu install correctly?

freezes soon as i click install or click run live. with new hdd and old ssd installed
a b à CPUs
July 27, 2012 6:09:22 PM

do you still have a warranty on your parts?
July 28, 2012 1:07:05 AM

nna2 said:
do you still have a warranty on your parts?

well im not fully sure, i bought them roughly a year ago, but the cpu was OC'ed to 4ghz (with water cooling) at the time of some thing blowing up
a b à CPUs
July 28, 2012 2:03:34 AM

canadashaun said:
well im not fully sure, i bought them roughly a year ago, but the cpu was OC'ed to 4ghz (with water cooling) at the time of some thing blowing up

i would return it and hey... that chip was never overclocked... lol
!