CPU bottleneck?

subway6us

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Okay, I asked earlier about CPU's and stuff, but I had changed my mind on the CPU I was getting. And I am about to get to my final decision now... I would post there but I closed it a long time ago...

Will this...

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Deneb 3.2GHz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113007

Bottleneck...

Nvidia GTX560 (non-ti)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-130-660&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=true&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&chkPurchaseMark=on&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

???

It's okay if it bottlenecks a little, just as long as I am able to play BF3 on high settings at 1366x768 at stable 40+ FPS

And am I able to use the current heatsink and fan for the new CPU? just clean and apply new thermal paste?

If there are any other CPU's you guys recommend that are below $200 and are good, then please say so.

The limit for the cpu is 95W though, and AM3 only...

Thanks

Solution
I am completely confident you will have no problems playing BF3 at those settings at that RES with the setup you proposed. The 955 is a very capable processor despite its age. You will be very happy with that setup. You will have a very balanced PC and there will be no cpu bottleneck with a 560.

on a side note you do know you can OC that phenom right?? Bump her up to 3.8 ghz and you're in business my friend. you likely won't even have to touch the voltages. Just up the multiplier within the Bios or AMD overdrive an sail away. HAVE FUN

bigj1985

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
I am completely confident you will have no problems playing BF3 at those settings at that RES with the setup you proposed. The 955 is a very capable processor despite its age. You will be very happy with that setup. You will have a very balanced PC and there will be no cpu bottleneck with a 560.

on a side note you do know you can OC that phenom right?? Bump her up to 3.8 ghz and you're in business my friend. you likely won't even have to touch the voltages. Just up the multiplier within the Bios or AMD overdrive an sail away. HAVE FUN

Solution
G

i sincerely doubt you will have a problem with any single graphics card solution. esp if you overclock that as already suggested.

subway6us

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012

Alright, thanks. I'll be sure to overclock it a little bit. You have made my computer building experience a little easier, now I don't have to keep watching videos and comparing cpus and stuff all the time... Thanks! :D