Will my new system Play BF3?

wahmmtwo

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Ok So All the parts are on their way, some I Already have, but its a $500 System. Sold my MacBook Pro to get it. Heres a rundown of the specs:

Biostar MCP6P M2+ AM2+/AM3
AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.9ghz Overclocked to 3.6ghz w/ AMD Black Edition AM3 Heatsync
PNY XLR8 GTX 470 1.25GB
4GB DDR2-1066 RAM
Corsair CX600 V2
Coolermaster HAF 912
OCZ Vertex 2 120gb SSD + WD Blue 320gb 7200rpm 16mb Cache HDD
LG SATA DVD Drive
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
Apple 20" Cinema Display 2ms Response Time / 1680x1050
Razer Lycosa Keyboard
Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse

$650 Total

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
"Sold my MacBook Pro to get it."

*standing ovation*

edit: i thought about it a little. i think you'll be playing ultra settings, between 40-50 fps and heres why:

1) toms did early benchmarking (updates usually make games run even better) and found that a good quadcore is a good quadcore in regards to bf3. bf3, if given a decent quad, which you have (kudos to you on the overclock) bf is nearly entirely gpu bound.
2) nice choice of parts for what you wanted to spend. you managed to slide in that big beefy gpu. smart. additionally you have the bonus of bf3 slightly preferring nvidia.
3) toms also did a review between 4 and 8 gigs of ram for bf3. they say that the game does benefit from 8. i however only partially agree, and somewhat disagree with the point. you can most definately not be hindered in bf3, and play with the same fps as someone with 8 gigs in their system if you run your system light. unload uneeded programs when about to play bf3. just unload your ram. you will see when you run bf3, it wont even fill a 4 gig system.
4)your monitor resolution is reasonable 1680x1050 is a good balance over higher resolutions for this system

cheers mate, i see what you set out to do and i think you pulled it off. even managed a ssd ^^

wahmmtwo

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011

Yeah! Thanks for the awesome answer. I Think I Did a really good job with it and am really happy. Looking forward to gaming!