Who uses racing wheels? Madcatz...

Status
Not open for further replies.

debaser

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

I've never used a wheel before and decided to try one, so I got the
Madcatz MC2 Universal. Everything I've read points to this wheel as
being the overall best. I was only able to try it for about 30 minutes
or so (Forza) and it's very hard to get the hang of. The wheel itself
is loose in the middle and the pedals feel funny, today I am going to
try and rig it up solid.

Who here has used the MC2? Do you like it? How long did it take to get
used to it? Are you a better driver with a wheel? The novelty factor is
nice but I won't use it unless I can improve my skills. Before I put it
away I was able to take my Elise around the short Maple Valley without
crashing but I wasn't exactly burning rubber either.

I am assuming I can plug a Live headset into another controller. I
wanted the Xbox version but the universal was all they had.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

I have a madcatz MC2 racing wheel. I got use to it on the game Ford
Racing 2 for Xbox.That thing is KICK-ASS. I love the MC2 racing wheel. I'm
about the same with wheel and controller. You might want to get Ford Racing
2 because that is what I improved my wheel racing skills with. If you start
the game out on easy, you will be able to practice and get a lot better at
racing with the wheel. once you set the wheel radius and the steering
sensitivity to your preference, you will become a master at using the MC2
racing wheel.

You asked, I answered.

Supra P.S. Git-R-Done
"debaser" <debaserzero@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've never used a wheel before and decided to try one, so I got the
> Madcatz MC2 Universal. Everything I've read points to this wheel as
> being the overall best. I was only able to try it for about 30 minutes
> or so (Forza) and it's very hard to get the hang of. The wheel itself
> is loose in the middle and the pedals feel funny, today I am going to
> try and rig it up solid.
>
> Who here has used the MC2? Do you like it? How long did it take to get
> used to it? Are you a better driver with a wheel? The novelty factor is
> nice but I won't use it unless I can improve my skills. Before I put it
> away I was able to take my Elise around the short Maple Valley without
> crashing but I wasn't exactly burning rubber either.
>
> I am assuming I can plug a Live headset into another controller. I
> wanted the Xbox version but the universal was all they had.

n_flames

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
I know this is an old thread :pt1cable: but I'm looking for help. I bought a madcatz MC2 racing wheel this year & playing X Box 360 Forza Motorsport 3, it helped my driving skills but the wheel feels way to loose also the pedals. The sensors don't react to the movement of wheel or pedals its seems to have way to much free play & after the steering reacts its over kill. Feels like I'm driving a car with wore steering assembly. Have you had any luck with your wheel or is this what $100 gets you?