Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Would this PSU be able to feed all my components?

Last response: in Components
July 26, 2012 8:47:21 AM

GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS:

COOLING Fan(s):Single, 120mm PWM Controlled FDB FanTOTAL POWER OUTPUT:400W TOTAL CONTINUOUS OUTPUT @ 40°COUTPUT CONNECTORS:MAIN 20+4PIN, (1)4+4 PIN, (1)PCI-E 6+2Pin, (4)SATA, (3)MOLEX 4-PIN, (1)FDD 4-PINNVIDIA SLI SUPPORT:YESAMD/ATI CROSSFIRE SUPPORT:YES80PLUS CERTIFIED:YESMODULAR CABLE:N/ASAFETY APPROVAL:CE, FCC, CB, UL, TUVMTBF:100,000 HOURS @ TYPICAL

I will need to know if those specs are good enough to power the following components (both in terms of wattage power but ALSO in connectors):
- Motherboard
- CPU
- 6 HDD Mechanical Drives
- 1 SSD
- Optical Drive
- 1 Graphic Video Card
- TV Tuner Card
- eSata Card
Peripherals would be 2 HD Monitors and a 4 Bay External enclosure with esata connection

Thank you

More about : psu feed components

a b ) Power supply
July 26, 2012 8:54:19 AM

can you add a link for the power supply you have in mind,and more info for the type of cpu and video card you will use,this will help to get accurate advice for a good psu
m
l
July 26, 2012 9:15:23 AM

http://www.fspgroupusa.com/aurum-gold-400-au400/p/831.h...
- CPU Intel i5 3570
- currently nVidia GeForce 240

I have a good idea of which are the quality PSUs existing in the marketplace , what I am now looking for is 90% > efficiency and making sure there are enough connectors to feed all my components with no issues with the amount of available total wattage required by them

Thank you kindly.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

July 26, 2012 9:42:08 AM

If you have 6 HDD and 1 SSD and all are SATA you won't have enough power cables you need 7 for that and the only way u get 7 I think if you get a modular powersupply. For all the other compononets the powersupply will be ok but if it's not drastically cheaper than the good brands I don't see the point of buying from this company.
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 26, 2012 2:18:34 PM

If the ODD is SATA then the OP will require 8 SATA power connectors.
m
l
August 5, 2012 1:30:10 PM

Best answer selected by MSwhip.
m
l
!