majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Hello Toms,

So I'm having to RMA my GTX 460 since it does not show a display, but when I go to the http://www.palit.biz/palit/rma.php?lang=en the location where I should RMA I don't understand the steps. I have never needed to do this before and I don't have the original box or proof of purchase since I got it off ebay. Do this mean that I can't RMA? I'm all confused :( :hello:

Why don't you have proof of purchase...did you buy it used? If you bought it new, you should have a receipt. If you bought it used, you should have gotten the original receipt from the person that sold it to you.

I always give the person the receipt when I sell something used and it's still within warranty.

If you don't have any proof of purchase, then you cannot RMA unless there is a date of manufacture on the card and it's still within warranty from that date.

majorgibly

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Nope I just got it in a brown box with all of the stuff I needed at the time. On the back of the card all it has is a P/N number. And S/N thirdly as EAN number. That's it :(

skaz

Distinguished
Yeah its going to be tough to get an RMA number with no proof of purchase. Try contacting the seller on ebay and see if you can get a receipt for the item if its still within the warranty period.