Helpful information easy to find

k7sw

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
I've found this site (forums and articles) to be incredibly helpful to me in the last few weeks. I had a lot of catching up to do since I haven't looked at any computer hardware since the last time I built a pc (5 years now). The round-up articles were immensely helpful for getting a good feel for the current market. The forum users have been an even greater help and have provided a lot of information I would have never even known was available despite hours of googling. I got a lot of feedback (mostly negative) on my build and was able to make the decisions that suited me best. I'm looking forward to keeping up with the site as I continue to upgrade the machine.\

As far as feedback for the site, I like the integrated search but it wasn't obvious that it was the forum search at first. I'd like to see a dropdown to specify which section of the site was to be searched or 'all'.

The button to make a new thread is silly to me. Unless I missed something the only button is to start a Question thread. Then you can change it to discussion or poll from the editor page.

-Thanks

k7sw

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

I was just stating that the button says "Ask the Community" instead of "Create a Thread". It wasn't intuitive for me. I am aware of the tabs.

TRENDING THREADS