Windows Explorer command-line options

How can I create a shortcut to Windows Explorer that only expands "My
Computer".
--
WillyK

WillyK wrote:
> How can I create a shortcut to Windows Explorer that only expands "My
> Computer".

Right click the shortcut to Windows Explorer and type the following in the
Target line.

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,

(Include the space between / and e)
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Thanks, Ron, but this still expands the C drive.

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> WillyK wrote:
> > How can I create a shortcut to Windows Explorer that only expands "My
> > Computer".
>
> Right click the shortcut to Windows Explorer and type the following in the
> Target line.
>
> %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,
>
> (Include the space between / and e)
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

Hi,

You might find this KB article helpful:

How to customize the windows explorer views in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"WillyK" <WillyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I create a shortcut to Windows Explorer that only expands "My
> Computer".
> --
> WillyK

Hi, This KB is informative, but still is not what I need.

Thanks

"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You might find this KB article helpful:
>
> How to customize the windows explorer views in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "WillyK" <WillyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I create a shortcut to Windows Explorer that only expands "My
> > Computer".
> > --
> > WillyK

Here you go:

explorer.exe /n, /e, ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

--

Anando

> Hi, This KB is informative, but still is not what I need.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You might find this KB article helpful:
>>
>> How to customize the windows explorer views in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856
>>
>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>
>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "WillyK" <WillyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How can I create a shortcut to Windows Explorer that only expands "My
>> > Computer".
>> > --
>> > WillyK

WOW!!! You are The Bomb!! I bow before you. What a string, but it works!

Thanks a million.

WillyK

"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Here you go:
>
> explorer.exe /n, /e, ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "WillyK" <WillyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, This KB is informative, but still is not what I need.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> You might find this KB article helpful:
> >>
> >> How to customize the windows explorer views in Windows XP
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Anando
> >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> >> http://www.mvps.org
> >>
> >> Folder customizations
> >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
> >>
> >> Protect your PC!
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
> >>

> >> "WillyK" <WillyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Glad to help you and you are most welcome !

--

Anando

> WOW!!! You are The Bomb!! I bow before you. What a string, but it works!
>
> Thanks a million.
>
> WillyK
>
> "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Here you go:
>>
>> explorer.exe /n, /e, ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
>>
>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>
>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "WillyK" <WillyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi, This KB is informative, but still is not what I need.
>> >
>> > Thanks

Hi Willy

Check Google for <"My Computer" CLSID>. That will give information about
the apparantly unwieldy list of characters!