Windows Explorer command-line options

How can I create a shortcut to Windows Explorer that only expands "My
Computer".
--
WillyK
8 answers Last reply

    WillyK wrote:
    > How can I create a shortcut to Windows Explorer that only expands "My
    > Computer".

    Right click the shortcut to Windows Explorer and type the following in the
    Target line.

    %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,

    (Include the space between / and e)
    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    Thanks, Ron, but this still expands the C drive.

    "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

    > WillyK wrote:
    > > How can I create a shortcut to Windows Explorer that only expands "My
    > > Computer".
    >
    > Right click the shortcut to Windows Explorer and type the following in the
    > Target line.
    >
    > %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,
    >
    > (Include the space between / and e)
    > --
    >
    > Ronnie Vernon
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows Shell/User

    Hi,

    You might find this KB article helpful:

    How to customize the windows explorer views in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "WillyK" <WillyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I create a shortcut to Windows Explorer that only expands "My
    > Computer".
    > --
    > WillyK

    Hi, This KB is informative, but still is not what I need.

    Thanks

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > You might find this KB article helpful:
    >
    > How to customize the windows explorer views in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856
    >
    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "WillyK" <WillyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How can I create a shortcut to Windows Explorer that only expands "My
    > > Computer".
    > > --
    > > WillyK

    Here you go:

    explorer.exe /n, /e, ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

    --

    Anando

    > Hi, This KB is informative, but still is not what I need.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> You might find this KB article helpful:
    >>
    >> How to customize the windows explorer views in Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Anando
    >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >> http://www.mvps.org
    >>
    >> Folder customizations
    >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >>
    >> Protect your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >>

    >> "WillyK" <WillyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > How can I create a shortcut to Windows Explorer that only expands "My
    >> > Computer".
    >> > --
    >> > WillyK

    WOW!!! You are The Bomb!! I bow before you. What a string, but it works!

    Thanks a million.

    WillyK

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

    > Here you go:
    >
    > explorer.exe /n, /e, ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
    >
    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "WillyK" <WillyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, This KB is informative, but still is not what I need.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> You might find this KB article helpful:
    > >>
    > >> How to customize the windows explorer views in Windows XP
    > >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Anando
    > >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > >> http://www.mvps.org
    > >>
    > >> Folder customizations
    > >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    > >>
    > >> Protect your PC!
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    > >>

    > >> "WillyK" <WillyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Glad to help you and you are most welcome !

    --

    Anando

    > WOW!!! You are The Bomb!! I bow before you. What a string, but it works!
    >
    > Thanks a million.
    >
    > WillyK
    >
    > "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Here you go:
    >>
    >> explorer.exe /n, /e, ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Anando
    >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >> http://www.mvps.org
    >>
    >> Folder customizations
    >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >>
    >> Protect your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >>

    >> "WillyK" <WillyK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi, This KB is informative, but still is not what I need.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

    Hi Willy

    Check Google for <"My Computer" CLSID>. That will give information about
    the apparantly unwieldy list of characters!

Configuration Windows Explorer Computers Microsoft Customization Command Line Windows XP