Closed Solved

GTX680 won't fit into bracket

I recently bought a ZOTAC GTX680 and am building a new PC.
I put everything together and tried to install the 680.
When I push it down. It clicks and fits. But I CANNOT screw it into the bracket with the 2 screws. It doesn't fit. If I push it up with force it OR install it half way - the 2 bracket holes show.
My motherboard is an ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 and Silverstone Raven RV02 case.
Is there a way to make it fit? Please help.
Also - if I can't make it fit - will the video card hold in its place without the 2 screws? The Silverstone Raven RV02 places the motherboard at a 90degree angle and the video card is hand down.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gtx680 bracket
  1. You wouldn't want to rely on the PCIe connector on the mobo and the PCB of the graphic card to provide structural support.

Picture?

2. Thats the view from the top. You see how the 2 bracket holes are blocked? I tried everything. The mobo is in the perfect place on its standoffs..6 of them if I remember.
    No matter what I try..I push the card in and it fits in well..but then I can't put the screws in. Could it be a case flaw or the mobo or the way the graphics card is?
  3. The only way the bracket holes show is if the card is barely in... not even 1/4 of the way in the slot.
    Also when I put it all the way in, the back of the card with all the connection slots (HDMI,etc.) isn't straight.
  4. Best answer
    Remove everything on the PCIe/PCI and reinstall the GPU first.

Loosen the mobo mounting screws to give the GPU a bit more "flex" to work with.
  5. Pyree said:
    Remove everything on the PCIe/PCI and reinstall the GPU first.

Loosen the mobo mounting screws to give the GPU a bit more "flex" to work with.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I loosened up the mobo a little bit, then i also turned the case, put in the gpu and it fit and the bracket holes showed. I tightened the gpu with the 2 screws and then the mobo screws just a little. Thank u so much!! Now i can sleep good :D

Btw just how tight do the screws on the mobo have to be?
    Can u damage it if you tighten it up too much?
  6. Best answer selected by Noobatpcbuilding.
  7. Just enough to have a firm hold. Don't over tight the screw.
  8. Yea thats pretty much how I did it. Thx again!! Spent the last 8 hours building everything..didnt want to end the night with a problem :/
  9. You are welcome.

Just come back and make another post if you run into any more problems (I actually hope you wouldn't have to).
  10. This topic has been closed by Pyree
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Motherboards Systems