Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How t odestroy a mobo

Last response: in Components
July 26, 2012 2:00:14 PM

i want to destroy my mobo jsut mobo not any hdd or any pci card because i want a new pc my father is not going to buy it until it is dead how to destroy my mobo without any clue that my father can see it

More about : odestroy mobo

Best solution

July 26, 2012 2:08:43 PM

Really?
When you father is not at home, take it out of the computer, if you have a carpet then drag your feet across the floor or try to get static in you hands then touch the motherboard.

http://www.dansdata.com/sbs3.htm
July 26, 2012 2:12:37 PM

And disconnect all components including RAM and CPU.
Score
Related resources
July 26, 2012 4:19:23 PM

niz04 said:
i want to destroy my mobo jsut mobo not any hdd or any pci card because i want a new pc my father is not going to buy it until it is dead how to destroy my mobo without any clue that my father can see it

lolwhat? how old are you? i mean, how old are you really?
even if there were ways to destroy pc parts, no one's gonna help you with things like that here.
from the OP it seems like you don't know the potential risks and their consequences.
do not try this at home.
if you're unsatisfied, sell the thing. it's better to make money off it than destroy it.
if your father has any amount of brain, he'll realize what really happened from seeing only one of the most vital and most visible component busted. moreover, what if he decides to not buy a new pc altogether?
what if he reads tomshardware more than you do? XD
you'll have much better chance of convincing him to upgrade/buy a new pc. if you fail in that, try again and keep trying to convince him.
Score
July 26, 2012 4:41:07 PM

lol even if he does buy it back he'd prob just buy back the mobo and no upgrading would have been done anyway
Score
July 26, 2012 5:24:34 PM

this is maybe help you :D 
Score
July 26, 2012 6:29:18 PM

You are a spoiled brat. Just grab a pliers and twist of the devices soldered down to the board. Then you can tell Daddy that it broke. No matter what be sure to lie to him about what you are doing. If you were my kid I would send you to and outreach camp to experience life without computers.
Score
July 26, 2012 6:46:42 PM

Hi :) 

So you are thinking of ripping off your own father.....

Let me predict something for you...

Your life will NOT turn out well....

As a father and grandfather, I can tell you now....

FAMILY is the MOST IMPORTANT thing in life...

All the best Brett :) 
Score
July 26, 2012 6:49:01 PM

Why don't you sell your motherboard and save up with the pocket money your father gives you, then you will give your self a better image instead of a 'spoiled rat'.
Score
July 26, 2012 6:53:18 PM

Wow, seriously, be grateful for what you have!

Think of a computer as a luxury or a bonus, rather than a human necessity, then you should hopefully think that your current working PC that your dad bought you already is nice to have.

If you are too spoilt to realise that your current PC is working and is yours to use, then maybe think about buying or upgrading it yourself. If you're not old enough to be officially employed, maybe do some jobs around the house for a bit of money, or any other small jobs you can think of. I once went around my village when I was younger and washed peoples cars for a bit of money.
Score
July 26, 2012 7:08:50 PM

Huh, the image tag I had here stopped working, randomly. Whatever, you're either trolling or just immature.
Score
July 26, 2012 7:21:06 PM

Set fire to it and tell him al qaeda have gone High-tech with their new mail bombs.
Score
July 26, 2012 7:32:19 PM

Annoy your father so much that he has to get a new pc for you to stop from giving him a headache.
Score
Anonymous
July 26, 2012 10:33:18 PM

It says on your profile you were born in 1980, if that's true then you're THIRTY FRIGGING TWO! Buy a new one yourself...In fact buy me one while your at it and don't cheap out on ANYTHING! :-D
Score
July 26, 2012 10:36:30 PM

Quote:
It says on your profile you were born in 1980, if that's true then you're THIRTY FRIGGING TWO! Buy a new one yourself...In fact buy me one while your at it and don't cheap out on ANYTHING! :-D

Maybe his age is quarter of that in reality?
Score
Anonymous
July 26, 2012 10:41:11 PM

Yeah I was only joking I just get wound up easily when I see posts like this, I would have loved to have a decent gaming PC as a kid but it was just a ghetto PSone for me I'm afraid. :( 
Score
July 26, 2012 10:44:14 PM

He probably forgot about this thread and is trying to destroy the motherboard but it keeps coming back to life, LOL that would be funny.
Score
Anonymous
July 26, 2012 10:50:27 PM

Yeah LOL, OP if you're still around pour something flammable on it and say it fried :-D anyway I'm off to bed now but keep us all updated on your sabotage mission.
Score
July 26, 2012 11:36:42 PM

What you need to do is this.

Cook a nice steak dinner over this fire while your father is gone. When he comes back, tell him you couldn't find enough wood or charcoal. He'll understand, and to repay your kindness will buy you a new mobo.
Score
July 27, 2012 12:06:04 AM

Looks tasty...
Add a bit of salt and pepper and it will be perfect.
Score
July 27, 2012 12:41:37 AM

How about you go get a job and buy your own motherboard and then you'll learn the value of a buck and appreciate what your father does for you. His income doesnt grow on tree's ya know and he does have bills to pay. What are you gonna dfo when your fathers dead?
Score
July 27, 2012 12:51:40 AM

Flash the bios and unplug while its flashing.
Score
July 27, 2012 12:54:07 AM

I'm also going to assume the computer is OEM and hes going to need a new copy of windows on top of a new montherboard if that happened.
Score
July 27, 2012 2:50:59 AM

Quote:
Windows does keep the activation in the bios with some sort of cert verification (no idea how it works)

The oem version of windows checks the bios for the motherbd model number and will refuse to install if its not in its 'acceptible' list of models.
Score
July 28, 2012 4:46:02 AM

Best answer selected by niz04.
Score
July 29, 2012 4:15:29 PM

Am i really that good at telling people how to destroy their motherboards?

Well that comes from the part of me that voids warranties...
Score
August 16, 2012 6:27:08 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!