Sign in with
Your question

Intel CPU and Motherboard Upgrade

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Motherboards
Last response: in CPUs
July 26, 2012 3:15:41 PM

I am planning on upgrading my CPU and motherboard and I am at a stand still in decision making, I know i want to go Intel but I'm not sure what will be best.

I plan on overclocking also, and I will be gaming, 3-D modeling in Solidworks and occasionally coding but I don't want to put emphasis on the coding.

I have been looking at the I5-2500k and the asrock Z68 Extreme boards versus the I5-3570k and a asrock Z77 Extreme board, I have also considered I7-3770k. I am also open to other options if y'all think of any. Pricewise I would like to keep the combination price around $400-$500, of course lower would be better but it is not a big issue.

Here is my other hardware

GPU: GTX 670
RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
PSU: Corsair AX750
SSD: Samsung830 128GB
HD: 1TB

Thanks in advance everyone.

More about : intel cpu motherboard upgrade

a c 190 à CPUs
a c 75 V Motherboard
July 26, 2012 3:48:03 PM

I dont know how much 3-d modeling you are going to be doing but most likely I would go with the Intel® Core™ i5-3570K and the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 board. Since you will be most likely overclocking you are going to want to add in a 3rd party cooler to go with this and for that reason stay away from the normal Corsair Vengeance memory. The normal Corsair Vengeance memory is 2" tall and will hit the bottom of most of the after market cooler like the Cooler Master hyper 212 +/Evo making it so you can't mount it. So go with the low profile version of the Vengeance memory to make sure you are safe.
m
l
Related resources
!