Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

560 ti or 560 ti 448 (budget ~300)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 5, 2012 5:38:17 PM

Pros of the 560 ti:

I can get a 2gb card
More availability for SLI in the future

Cons of the 560 ti:

Only 256-bit
Benchmarked slower than the 560 ti 448

Pros of the 560 ti 448:

320-bit
Could still get 1280mb of VRAM

Cons of the 560 ti 448:

Slightly more expensive
Potential availability problem if I want to SLI them in a few months
Clock speeds seem low


My System

Gigabyte GA990FXA-UD3
Corsair 650 gold power supply
8 gb 1333 G Skill RAM
AMD Phenom x4 Deneb
Raidmax Blackstorm case

Knowing all of that, which is the better value?

More about : 560 560 448 budget 300

a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2012 5:42:08 PM

As you say your self it depends if you want to Sli or not. Also you could wait abit for the 660 & 660Ti.
February 5, 2012 6:12:14 PM

People put GPU all this value into GPU core clock speed when clock speed is not really that big a deal it is the architecture that makes the card not core clock speed and generally the faster card up always has a slower core clock speed like GTX 580 @ 700mhz core clock is always faster than GTX 570 @ 950mhz core clock which in turn is always faster than a GTX 560 @ 1ghz core clock. OP I would get the 560ti and overclock it to 950mhz-1ghz then it is virtually the same performance of 448 cores otherwise just move up to a proper GTX 570 cause the 448 is kinda a miss placed card and over priced limited time only. Nvidia is just cleaning up the faulty GTX 570s calling them 448 560ti and knocking the price down a bit but not enough.
Related resources
February 5, 2012 6:50:08 PM



My existing 5850 barely fits into my case (Sapphire Toxic edition). I cannot squeeze a 6950/6970 into it without upgrading the case, which is another $100 or so on top of what I already have.

And Gordon, thanks for that information about clock speed. I wasn't looking at 570s because they were just outside of my price range.
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2012 6:53:29 PM

Gordon Freeman said:
OP I would get the 560ti and overclock it to 950mhz-1ghz then it is virtually the same performance of 448 cores otherwise just move up to a proper GTX 570 cause the 448 is kinda a miss placed card and over priced limited time only. Nvidia is just cleaning up the faulty GTX 570s calling them 448 560ti and knocking the price down a bit but not enough.


Agreed, find the fastest factory OC GTX 560 Ti you can with 2GB of memory and the best upgraded cooler you can...perhaps something like this one...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
February 5, 2012 7:04:33 PM

87ninefiveone said:
Agreed, find the fastest factory OC GTX 560 Ti you can with 2GB of memory and the best upgraded cooler you can...perhaps something like this one...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


That's the one I had my eye on.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable about this than me can explain, what is the true difference between a 320-bit and a 256-bit VRAM speed? I know the 320 has the ability to get more data to the GPU but at 1920x1080/1920x1200 resolutions, does it really make enough of a difference?

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2012 7:07:49 PM
Share

If you have a 5850 I wouldn't upgrade. Not much of a performance increase. If you can I would add a second card.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2012 7:07:50 PM

You could wait 2 weeks or so and grab a 7870. Supposed to be right around $300, with 6970 lvl of performance but 6870 lvl size and power consumption.
February 5, 2012 7:27:48 PM

andrewcarr said:
If you have a 5850 I wouldn't upgrade. Not much of a performance increase. If you can I would add a second card.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...


I've been considering that, since I would have to pick up a used on on ebay and could do that a lot cheaper.

In the linked article, I'd basically have to go 580/590 or 79xx to get a significant upgrade. Is that so? More or less I'd like to be able to play a few games coming out this year on higher settings (maybe not totally maxed out, but definitely with high resolution textures, AA, and framerates above 40fps). Those games are: Guild Wars 2, Mass Effect 3, and The Secret World.

If 2x 5850s will run those at 1680x1050 (resolution my current monitor) and 1920x1080 (resolution of the new one I plan to buy around June), with high/ultra settings, then I'll just grab an extra one from ebay.
February 5, 2012 7:36:53 PM

Best answer selected by lhaygood1983.
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 5, 2012 8:12:45 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!