Solved

I5 stock fan problem, or is it normal?

My newly built system with an 2500k in it has got me worried. I'm sure this isn't that big of an issue. When I press the power button on my system all the fans start up like a fan usually does, except my i5 2500k that is currently mounted with a stock fan. It looks like it tries to spin once but then stops and goes back a little, then again, and goes back a little, and by now MAYBE 5 seconds have gone by at most (Why I don't think it could be that big of a deal) and then it starts spinning up really loud and fast for a couple seconds then lowers back too the 2070rpm area.
I have not touched any of the OCing software on the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 or on the chip, i have default bios currently and all my temps on my cpu cores idle at around 30 Celsius in my room.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about stock problem normal
  1. Best answer
    It's a little strange, that behavior, but as long as it always settles into a normal spin I wouldn't worry about it.
  2. Best answer selected by SaDTrial.
  3. abekl said:
    It's a little strange, that behavior, but as long as it always settles into a normal spin I wouldn't worry about it.

I mean the fan spins freely also when i was first installing it i spun it to see so idk y
  4. I have an older Core2Duo proccesor and the intel stock fan does the same exact thing at every boot. That machine has been running beautifully for the past 4 years. As abekl said, if it resumes normal spinning, you will be fine.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Fan Intel i5