Popup on startup

When I restart after hibernation (XP Home) a balloon pops up
stating that I am connected to the network. I am connected,
but this is annoying and stays until I click the x. I think
I had fixed it on my last notebook, but it died and I don't
remember how.
I like tool tips, but not this. Anybody know how to stop it?
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Say what you mean and say it mean...
3 answers Last reply
More about popup startup

    Hi Gerald,

    You may download TweakUI and install it. After installing it, launch the program and navigate to
    'Taskbar and start menu' and uncheck 'enable baloon tips'.

    Download TweakUI from:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys.asp

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Gerald Ross" <gwader@netcommander.com> wrote in message
    > When I restart after hibernation (XP Home) a balloon pops up stating that I am connected to the
    > network. I am connected, but this is annoying and stays until I click the x. I think I had fixed
    > it on my last notebook, but it died and I don't remember how.
    > I like tool tips, but not this. Anybody know how to stop it?
    > --
    > Gerald Ross
    > Cochran, GA
    >
    > Say what you mean and say it mean...

    Thanks! I had already looked at that but wasn't sure what it
    did. It did the trick!

    Anando [MS-MVP] wrote:
    > Hi Gerald,
    >
    > You may download TweakUI and install it. After installing it, launch the program and navigate to
    > 'Taskbar and start menu' and uncheck 'enable baloon tips'.
    >
    > Download TweakUI from:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys.asp

    --
    Gerald Ross
    Cochran, GA

    Say what you mean and say it mean...

    You are welcome !

    --

    > Thanks! I had already looked at that but wasn't sure what it did. It did the trick!
    >
    > Anando [MS-MVP] wrote:
    >> Hi Gerald,
    >>
    >> You may download TweakUI and install it. After installing it, launch the program and navigate to
    >> 'Taskbar and start menu' and uncheck 'enable baloon tips'.
    >>
    >> Download TweakUI from:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys.asp
    >>

    > --
    > Gerald Ross