Popup on startup

November 7, 2004 4:43:12 PM

When I restart after hibernation (XP Home) a balloon pops up
stating that I am connected to the network. I am connected,
but this is annoying and stays until I click the x. I think
I had fixed it on my last notebook, but it died and I don't
remember how.
I like tool tips, but not this. Anybody know how to stop it?
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Say what you mean and say it mean...

More about : popup startup

Anonymous
November 7, 2004 10:32:38 PM

Hi Gerald,

You may download TweakUI and install it. After installing it, launch the program and navigate to
'Taskbar and start menu' and uncheck 'enable baloon tips'.

Download TweakUI from:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys....

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Gerald Ross" <gwader@netcommander.com> wrote in message
> When I restart after hibernation (XP Home) a balloon pops up stating that I am connected to the
> network. I am connected, but this is annoying and stays until I click the x. I think I had fixed
> it on my last notebook, but it died and I don't remember how.
> I like tool tips, but not this. Anybody know how to stop it?
> --
> Gerald Ross
> Cochran, GA
>
> Say what you mean and say it mean...

Anonymous
November 8, 2004 4:59:06 PM

Thanks! I had already looked at that but wasn't sure what it
did. It did the trick!

Anando [MS-MVP] wrote:
> Hi Gerald,
>
> You may download TweakUI and install it. After installing it, launch the program and navigate to
> 'Taskbar and start menu' and uncheck 'enable baloon tips'.
>
> Download TweakUI from:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys....

--
Gerald Ross