Windows is the Paris Hilton of operating systems

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 19, 2005 9:58:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

It looks great but it's wide open
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 11:00:24 PM

Jeff_Relf wrote:

> Hi Goth_Loser,
>
> You wrote: Windows is the Paris Hilton of operating systems.
> It looks great but it's wide open.
>
> I get no spam or malware and I'm a heavy Win_XP/P2P user.
> FireFox and Cotse.NET's On_The_Fly e-mail aliases are how I do it.

So not even spammers will communicate with you?

Figures...

--
Texeme Textcasting Technology
http://www.texeme.com

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Hi Bailo and Goth_Loser,

Re: How I, a heavy Win_XP/P2P user, don't get spam or malware,

Bailo told me: So not even spammers will communicate with you ? Figures.

I send and receive lots of email everyday,
just today, for example, I exchanged source/object code with my boss.
June 20, 2005 6:28:17 AM

Jeff_Relf wrote:

> I send and receive lots of email everyday,
> just today, for example, I exchanged source/object code with my boss.

1. New Computer
2. New Antenna
3. Business communications

Is Jeff evolving into a middle-class consumer/worker?

--
Texeme Textcasting Technology
http://www.texeme.com
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 6:51:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Hi Bailo and Goth_Loser,

Re: My free LANs and the paid work I do online,

Bailo told me: Conspicuous Consumption
Is Jeff evolving into a middle-class consumer/worker ?

Of course not, I'm as low status, low paid, as ever.
I only care about free time... not money or status.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 7:54:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Hi Timberwoof, K_Bot and Bailo,

Timberwoof repeatedly told K_Bot: Hey, Jeff_Relf.
Did you know that the -- is traditionally used to
delimit the beginning of the signature ?
You're apparently using it to mark the beginning of your content,
or you're putting your content in your sig. As a result,
a newsreader that follows conventional usage
ends up quoting your text this way:
Notice how your response is gone. Is this your intent ?

First, You can't tell the difference between a bot and a human.
The bot is not me, it's Kadaitcha_Man's in Alt.OS.Windows-XP.

Second, Your MT_NewsWatcher is hiding quoted lines.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 8:55:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Hi Bailo and K_Bot,

Bailo suggested that K_Bot:
Used the Postal Service for acts of hate crime and harassment.

I think that was DrSquare that did that, not K_Bot.
Besides, how do you really know who is who on Usenet ?
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:06:30 AM

In article <Jeff_Relf_2005_Jun_19_pgDA@Cotse.NET>, Jeff_Relf <Me@Privacy.NET>
wrote:

> Hi Timberwoof, K_Bot and Bailo,
>
> Timberwoof repeatedly told K_Bot: Hey, Jeff_Relf.
> Did you know that the -- is traditionally used to
> delimit the beginning of the signature ?
> You're apparently using it to mark the beginning of your content,
> or you're putting your content in your sig. As a result,
> a newsreader that follows conventional usage
> ends up quoting your text this way:
> Notice how your response is gone. Is this your intent ?
>
> First, You can't tell the difference between a bot and a human.
> The bot is not me, it's Kadaitcha_Man's in Alt.OS.Windows-XP.

Thank you for your kindly worded explanation.

> Second, Your MT_NewsWatcher is hiding quoted lines.

No, it's not. MTNW does not quote lines past --.

--
Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com> http://www.timberwoof.com
If Macintosh is a luxury cruise ship,

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

jabailo@texeme.com, <jabailo@texeme.com>, the calloused, creaky snotface,
and keeper of starlings, gibbered:

--
Thou public commoner. Thou sheep-whistling rogue.
Anonymous

Hey, j4b41l0@t3x3m3.c0m.

Did you know that the -- is traditionally used to delimit the beginning of the
signature? You're apparently using it to mark the beginning of your content, or
you're putting your content in your sig. As a result, a newsreader that follows
conventional usage ends up quoting your text this way:

In article <5591489dc6f844f98b9fdcc8977ccc8c@you.stone-cold-sullen-Whore.net>,
"j4b41l0@t3x3m3.c0m" <j4b41l0@t3x3m3.c0m> wrote:

> jabailo@texeme.com, <jabailo@texeme.com>, the calloused, creaky snotface,
> and keeper of starlings, gibbered:
>
> > I'm 33 years old and I'm living like a nun!

Notice how your response is gone.

Is this your intent?

--
Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com> http://www.timberwoof.com
If Macintosh is a luxury cruise ship,
then Linux is a freighter with wood paneling in the officers' quarters.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 4:01:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Timberwoof, <timberwoof@stimpberawoofm.com>, the deadlocked, excretory frog,
and person in charge of public toilets in parks at night, toned:

--
Thou soused gurnet. Thou troyan.
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

> It looks great but it's wide open

The contrarian view would be that it's a rich environment yet you can
do anything you want with it. And I do mean "anything."
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:30:35 AM

Goth Loser wrote:
> It looks great but it's wide open

I would have said it's the Kirstie Alley of OS's. Not *too* bad
looking, but rather bloated.

-Rick
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:33:42 AM

"Rick M." <dishtv@ptd.net> wrote in message
>> It looks great but it's wide open
>
> I would have said it's the Kirstie Alley of OS's. Not *too* bad looking,
> but rather bloated.

Good one.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:44:38 AM

"Goth Loser" <goth__loser@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It looks great but it's wide open

Sorry but I have no desire to see Gates in a speedo washing my car.
June 21, 2005 4:28:03 AM

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:24:22 -0700, lqualig wrote:

>> It looks great but it's wide open
>

> The contrarian view would be that it's a rich environment yet you can do
> anything you want with it. And I do mean "anything."

I don't think anyone who thinks "Paris Hilton" thinks "rich environment".

Usually, they think, "Stupid Spoiled Whore".
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 4:41:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 19 Jun 2005 17:58:12 -0700, "Goth Loser" <goth__loser@hotmail.com>
chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>It looks great but it's wide open

It has a butter face?

--
Everyone should know that most cancer research is
largely a fraud, and that the major cancer research

Linus Pauling
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 5:28:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:44:38 -0300, Larry Qualig
<removethispartlqualig@uku.co.uk> wrote:

> "Goth Loser" <goth__loser@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> It looks great but it's wide open
>>

> Sorry but I have no desire to see Gates in a speedo washing my car.

i'd choose billy boy over paris any day, miss scrawny just don't entice.

June 21, 2005 6:30:14 AM

jim dorey wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:44:38 -0300, Larry Qualig
> <removethispartlqualig@uku.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> "Goth Loser" <goth__loser@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> It looks great but it's wide open
>>>

>> Sorry but I have no desire to see Gates in a speedo washing my car.
>

> i'd choose billy boy over paris any day, miss scrawny just don't entice.

So what is there for image editing in open source?
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 7:30:49 AM

alt wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:24:22 -0700, lqualig wrote:
>

>>>It looks great but it's wide open
>>

>>The contrarian view would be that it's a rich environment yet you can do
>>anything you want with it. And I do mean "anything."
>

> I don't think anyone who thinks "Paris Hilton" thinks "rich environment".
>
> Usually, they think, "Stupid Spoiled Whore".

Visually, she is a pretty rich environment. Grin.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous

In article <ZeQte.4471$Gp.1728@fe04.lga>, rphunter@charter.net (Ron
Hunter) wrote:

> Visually, she is a pretty rich environment. Grin.
Visually she's puke on a stick.

Iain
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 10:52:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

chrisv, <chrisv@nospam.invalid>, the two-way, home-brewed gooseberry, and
college servant responsible for attending undergraduates, apple-polished:

--
Thou bankrupt pragging knave. Thou shrill-gorged damned villain.
Anonymous

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:30:14 -0300, Bruce Coryell <bcoryell@chesco.com>
wrote:

> So what is there for image editing in open source?

for windows you might try irfanview, it's interesting, can do lots of neat
stuff, but to me it has a somewhat odd interface, but there are many
more. for power image editing linux and windows try gimp, again, there
are others. most likely you'll find a few hundred listed at sourceforge.

June 22, 2005 12:11:58 AM

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:11:57 GMT, "jim dorey" <skaar@ns.sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:30:14 -0300, Bruce Coryell <bcoryell@chesco.com>
>wrote:
>
>> So what is there for image editing in open source?
>
>for windows you might try irfanview, it's interesting, can do lots of neat
>stuff, but to me it has a somewhat odd interface, but there are many
>more. for power image editing linux and windows try gimp, again, there
>are others. most likely you'll find a few hundred listed at sourceforge.

Sorry. Here's a more direct link to the win32 version of GIMP.

MCheu
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 12:11:58 AM

wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:30:14 -0300, Bruce Coryell <bcoryell@chesco.com>
>wrote:
>
>> So what is there for image editing in open source?
>
>for windows you might try irfanview, it's interesting, can do lots of neat
>stuff, but to me it has a somewhat odd interface, but there are many
>more. for power image editing linux and windows try gimp, again, there
>are others. most likely you'll find a few hundred listed at sourceforge.

There's a win32 version of GIMP.

http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

MCheu
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 12:34:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 02:30:14 GMT, Bruce Coryell assert()ed:

> jim dorey wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:44:38 -0300, Larry Qualig
>> <removethispartlqualig@uku.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>>> "Goth Loser" <goth__loser@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Sorry but I have no desire to see Gates in a speedo washing my car.
>>

>> i'd choose billy boy over paris any day, miss scrawny just don't entice.
>>

> So what is there for image editing in open source?

All the ImageMagick tools run on Win32. The distribution is called
VisualMagick. It works great, but doesn't glob so you'll have to
use cmd.exe for loops to do that.

--
Linux 2.4.22-1.2199.4.legacy.nptl athlon GNU/Linux
15:30:00 up 19 days, 19:07, 2 users, load average: 0.08, 0.28, 0.23

In article <ZeQte.4471$Gp.1728@fe04.lga>, rphunter@charter.net says...
> alt wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:24:22 -0700, lqualig wrote:
> >

> Visually, she is a pretty rich environment. Grin.

Pretty barren enviornment, no topography. Figure like a high school
basketball player (male).
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 2:46:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

* * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x x ,
d 2 0 0 4 x x , d 2 0 0 3 x x , d 2 0 0 2 x x ), <aquila.deus@gmail.com>,
the tensionless, poverty-stricken cheese, and mole catcher, cussed:

--
Thou rancid shrill-voiced supplicant. Thou surly fat-guts.
June 25, 2005 5:29:00 AM

Rick M. wrote:
> CD covers aside, I meant more like this:
>
> http://www.shakiragallery.com/displayimage.php?album=12...

You got to be kidding!

She looks like a dude with a wig!

Well, that figures, this ng consists mainly of closet-homosexuals!

Baalbek
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 5:29:01 AM

"baalbek" <rcs@bgoark.no> wrote in message
> Rick M. wrote:
>> CD covers aside, I meant more like this:
>>
>> http://www.shakiragallery.com/displayimage.php?album=12...
>
> You got to be kidding!
>
> She looks like a dude with a wig!
>
> Well, that figures, this ng consists mainly of closet-homosexuals!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My preferences tend to be fairly
main-stream when it comes to that sort of thing. What I don't understand are
things like chub-chasers.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 5:29:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Closet? Why do you thing we are still in the closet?

--

"Instead of trying to bash me you should try to learn from me and
archive my posts so you can better help people in the future. If you don't

- pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com

baalbek wrote:
> Rick M. wrote:
>> CD covers aside, I meant more like this:
>>
>> http://www.shakiragallery.com/displayimage.php?album=12...
>
> You got to be kidding!
>
> She looks like a dude with a wig!
>
> Well, that figures, this ng consists mainly of closet-homosexuals!
>
> Baalbek

June 25, 2005 5:29:01 AM

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 01:29:00 GMT, baalbek wrote:

> You got to be kidding!
>
> She looks like a dude with a wig!

Almost. :)  I'm sure that's not her best photo, but even at her
best, doesn't come close, whether in beauty or musical ability to
either Olga, Gisselle or Jessica. Teeny-bopper bait is easily
ignored, and should be.
June 25, 2005 5:52:30 PM

baalbek, having a gender recognition problem, wrote:

> Rick M. wrote:
>
>> CD covers aside, I meant more like this:
>>
>> http://www.shakiragallery.com/displayimage.php?album=12...
>

> You got to be kidding!
>
> She looks like a dude with a wig!
>
> Well, that figures, this ng consists mainly of closet-homosexuals!
>
> Baalbek

Heh. If having an appreciation of Shakira's beauty qualifies one as a
closet homosexual, you can color me queer as a $3 bill.

-Rick
!