Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

My First Gaming Pc Build

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
April 13, 2012 5:08:46 PM

Hi everyone. I used to be a pc gamer with my Dell XPS. Was a beast of a machine back in the day. Then in college I ended up with an iMac which I am very happy with. But i missed playing games. Did'nt really have time playing games though since most of the time I am designing something for somebody. Now I think i step back in the pc world but figured I might as well build my PC. Honest review please. I am looking to upgrade this baby the next couple of months as well. Sad part is though I don't have a graphic card yet. I'm looking at spending between 300-400 for it and I am eyeing the gtx570. But with the 600 series coming out I don't know. My patience is slipping and I really want to make the most of my pc. Eventually I do want to overclock but right now one step at a time.

So here we go!

CASE: HAF-X ATX full gaming case
(Bought extra airduct 120mm fan coolermaster sickleflow)
( Bought extra exhaust 200mm fan for top of case)
MOBO: ASUS PB768-V LX
CPU: intel i7 2600k
CPU COOLER: hyper n520 (small part of me feels like i rushed and bought this and should have gotten the 212+
PSU: Corsair 750w tx2
RAM: 16gigs (4 sticks) Kinston hyper x
SSD: Crucial 128g M4
HHD: Nothing yet :(  ( suggestions welcome)
Graphic: Nothing yet ( Eying the 570, trying to be patient for 600 serions (670))

Running windows 7 home premium. Got a cheap but working cd writer for 20 bucks in it by LG

Her name is Natalia. :) 

Fans all run on full speed since they are all 3 pin.

RIght now the cpu idles at 25-29 celsius on stock speeds. No overclocking yet since I have never done it before (but i want to) so yeah..... Really have not got to push this system yet since i don't have a graphic card. All help appreciated.

Thank You! :hello: 

More about : gaming build

April 13, 2012 5:16:25 PM

By the way. I plan to run Diablo 3 at full on release and I wish to beable to get the most if not ultra on Battlefield 3.
April 13, 2012 5:26:37 PM

my girlfriend is named natalia
Related resources
April 13, 2012 5:37:33 PM

mobrocket said:
my girlfriend is named natalia

Its a nice name. :) 
April 13, 2012 6:17:57 PM

itpshil6007 said:
Hi everyone. I used to be a pc gamer with my Dell XPS. Was a beast of a machine back in the day. Then in college I ended up with an iMac which I am very happy with. But i missed playing games. Did'nt really have time playing games though since most of the time I am designing something for somebody. Now I think i step back in the pc world but figured I might as well build my PC. Honest review please. I am looking to upgrade this baby the next couple of months as well. Sad part is though I don't have a graphic card yet. I'm looking at spending between 300-400 for it and I am eyeing the gtx570. But with the 600 series coming out I don't know. My patience is slipping and I really want to make the most of my pc. Eventually I do want to overclock but right now one step at a time.

So here we go!

CPU COOLER: hyper n520 (small part of me feels like i rushed and bought this and should have gotten the 212+
Graphic: Nothing yet ( Eying the 570, trying to be patient for 600 serions (670))

Running windows 7 home premium. Got a cheap but working cd writer for 20 bucks in it by LG

RIght now the cpu idles at 25-29 celsius on stock speeds. No overclocking yet since I have never done it before (but i want to) so yeah..... Really have not got to push this system yet since i don't have a graphic card. All help appreciated.

You do not need a Full Tower Case unless you plan on a large custom water cooled system or want 4 cards in quad-CF/SLI. Drop it down to the Carbide 500R. It has 200mm fan for the side cover, 2 120mm fans in front and one rear 140mm fan in the rear. That's ample cooling for one GPU. It also comes with a 3-switch fan controller for those fans. The only fan that goes into a 3-pin connection point is the rear fan.
Just read you bought the case already.

For $360, you can get the Radeon 7870, which is faster, runs cooler, and produces less heat than the GTX 570.
April 13, 2012 7:07:30 PM

itpshil6007 said:

So here we go!

That board isn't meant for dual vid cards. It runs dual cards @ x4 instead of the needed x8.

http://my.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68...

1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (blue) *1
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode, black) *1
April 13, 2012 7:28:16 PM

azeem40 said:
You do not need a Full Tower Case unless you plan on a large custom water cooled system or want 4 cards in quad-CF/SLI. Drop it down to the Carbide 500R. It has 200mm fan for the side cover, 2 120mm fans in front and one rear 140mm fan in the rear. That's ample cooling for one GPU. It also comes with a 3-switch fan controller for those fans. The only fan that goes into a 3-pin connection point is the rear fan.
Just read you bought the case already.

For $360, you can get the Radeon 7870, which is faster, runs cooler, and produces less heat than the GTX 570.

You are the third person to tell me that for the 7870. I am really considering it now. I don't know much about graphic cards so I take what I can learn from these forums and product reviews on new egg.

I got the large case figuring I would be set in the future so if I wanted to SLI or upgrading the MOBO or even trying out water cooling that I wouldn't need to worry about it later on.
April 13, 2012 7:57:49 PM

Why_Me said:
That board isn't meant for dual vid cards. It runs dual cards @ x4 instead of the needed x8.

http://my.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68...

1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (blue) *1
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode, black) *1

So lets say down the line I wanted to upgrade my MOBO....would you have anything you would suggest?
April 13, 2012 8:03:39 PM

itpshil6007 said:
So lets say down the line I wanted to upgrade my MOBO....would you have anything you would suggest?

Any Z77 board that runs dual cards @ x8 & x8 that fits your budget. Asrock Z77 extreme 4 comes in at $140 and it runs dual cards x8.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z77%20Extre...
April 13, 2012 9:45:35 PM

I definetly may do that once i get used to this build and understand these part better. This is a great forum.
April 13, 2012 9:48:12 PM

Can I ride it out with this cpu cooler or should i look into sooner than later a better cooler?
April 13, 2012 10:03:44 PM

itpshil6007 said:
Can I ride it out with this cpu cooler or should i look into sooner than later a better cooler?

I don't know much about that particular cooler, but these chips run cool so as long as you don't go for an extreme o/c it should do just fine.