I have an acer aspire 5733-6607 laptp i bought new in oct 2011 it over heats eve

butterfly5656

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
i bought a new acer aspire 5722-6607 laptop in october 2011. a month after i got it it started overheating and shutting down. i got an external cooling fan it didn't do it for a lttle while. i sent it in to the company in dec 2011 for repairs. they company replaced the wieless internet card cause it was dropping the internet. they were to suppose to fix the overheating problem but didn't fix the problem the cleaned the cooling fan said there was ome debri in the fan. after i got it back it has been doing this off and on overheating and shutting completely down what is causing this?

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
Faulty fans, too much or too little thermal paste (a semi liquid that goes in between the heatsink and CPU/processor to fill in the microscopic gaps in the metal to improve heat transfer), bad heatsink contact with CPU and GPU.

Can you hear the internal fan spinning or can you feel a gush of warm air coming from a vent on the side or back?

butterfly5656

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012

yes i can feel hot air coming from the vent on the side so i know the internal fan is running i sent this into the manufactor last december they were suppose to fix it they didn't fix it . it doesn't do this all the time but i never know when it will do it the other day about 3 days ago it did it 2 times then a day ago it did it once even with the external fan running .so it could be related to what u said

butterfly5656

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
well the store where i bought it only has a 2 week return policy but i did sen it in and the maunfactor was suppose to fix it . the internet card was bad and they replaced it and the heating issue ....all they did for it as to clean the cooling fan they did not check it out to see what was causing the man roblem. i am still having problems with it but why would i trust them to fix it now when tey don't seem to know what they r doing or they would have fixed it right the first time?

butterfly5656

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
i am sure there is one around here. but the acer company is giving me a hard time they will repair it but they want me to pay for shipping to them and i tod them i shouldn't have to pay anything since i sent it in to have the fixed and they didn't do it

Behind The Sun

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
On the left side of the Acer Aspire 5733 there is an air OUTLET for the CPU heat to escape. On The bottom of the laptop, also on the left side, there is an air INTAKE to take in cool air and cool the CPU. This INTAKE is on the exact possition where your knee will be when the laptop is sitting on your lap. If this air INTAKE is blocked, the CPU will overheat and the laptop shuts off.

Behind The Sun

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
On the left side of the Acer Aspire 5733 there is an air OUTLET for the CPU heat to escape. On The bottom of the laptop, also on the left side, there is an air INTAKE to take in cool air and cool the CPU. This INTAKE is on the exact possition where your knee will be when the laptop is sitting on your lap. If this air INTAKE is blocked, the CPU will overheat and the laptop shuts off.