HTPC Recommendation

Takachsin

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
I am looking to get a HTPC that meets these requirements:

I would really like something small that I could carry with me to different places and hook up easily, power and HDMI.
I'd prefer to run XBMC on it and have media storage.
Wireless would be nice but not necessarily needed.
It would need a blueray drive.
It doesn't necessarily need a SSD, although a TB HDD + SSD combo would be sweet.
Ideally it would be in the $300 range, I have a Win7 key available and I don't mind using Ubuntu so the OS wouldn't factor into the cost.

I have looked and debating about using an AppleTV or Roku but really they do what my Xbox does already.
(Side note: I have a decked out gaming machine if it is more feasible to stream to another device)
I'd like a decent HTPC that can run 1080p movies and video.
I like it having an OS because I can use Hulu for free and various other things that don't work on Xbox / Roku type devices.

I've looked through some pre-built and at building my own. It seems that if I build my own the case is larger but the pre-built seem to get mixed reviews like the Lenovo Ideacentre. Does anyone have a pre-built they have bought and liked or built their own that's small and they like?

Thats a pretty neat one.

Yea, with a 300 dollar range, you really can't be too picky. For a new one Llano is the way to go, but you're looking at 400 minimum for a decent one.

TRENDING THREADS