What do you guys think about this PC for my dad?

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
So,I´m building a PC for my dad as a gift for his birthday.

Currently,he doesn´t own one,although he would love to have his own PC,it has been three years since the last time I saw my dad and this is my birthday gift to him,for all the time we lost.....

The dude´s crazy about videogames,so I built this PC for him,I can´t do much better due to lack of money and I would like to hear what do you guys think about this PC for him?

He usually plays Empire Earth,Starcraft,Warhammer,Age of Empires,Diablo 3,etc....RPG and RTS games.

This is the config I used
(this is the best I can do,I can´t get any more money-poor dude here):

CPU:AMD ATHLON II X3 450 3,2 Ghz AM3 BOX
Ram:DDR3 4GB 1333 PATRIOT
PSU:ATX 600W B-MOve
Mobo:ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 AM3+ 2XDDR3 MATX VGA GLA
GPU: Gigabyte HD 5770

What do you guys think about this PC for him?For his games?
Will it work good?
He doesn´t know how to set settings,therefore he always plays games with preset settings from the game.

Will this PC be enough for his tasks for a couple of years from now on?

Cheers to everybody and thanks for your time.

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

But I already have the GPU bought,the case,the HDD and the DVD-RW,so there will be only the CPU,RAM,PSU and MOBO.

Hi :)

As a father, I can assure you he will LOVE it...the machine really does not matter much , specifications wise (although the specs are ok and even)

Its the fact YOU built it for HIM , that he will love...

Good on you :) :) :)

All the best Brett :)

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

Well,thank you so much for your kind words,sir.
YES.
I think he´ll love it,I´m so damn tired of knowing he´s playing games on his friends PCs whenever he has the opportunity.

If I can´t see him,at least I can make him a joy,but I´m worried about the PC,I hope it will be enough for his expectations,although as you said,he has none.

I hope he´ll be able to play the games he wants without any trouble :)
Thank you !

mohsentux

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
this is an optimum computer for RPG Games so i give it a thumbs up :D
just remember the better the monitor the better the GPU should be, most people forget about that!