BF3 bad performance gtx 560 ti

Alright I just bought bf3 a day ago. I'm using the msi 2gb OC edition. My friend has the regular EVGA version of the same card. He plays on high settings with a pretty constant 60 fps. I play on the same settings with huge dips in fps. I can be at 60 fps until something happens in game. Is this a case of bottlenecking from my CPU or another component? BTW I play at 1600x900. Also when I turn down the settings it doesn't help like at all. Which leads me to believe its a CPU bottleneck. Any advice?

Specs:
Msi Gtx 560 to 2gb OC edition
AMD athlon ii x4 2.9 ghz
12gb of ddr3 ram 1333 mhz
10 answers Last reply
More about performance
  1. Turn off MSAA , it just kills the fps, also try it will AA off too and see if it plays smoother.
    Overclocking your cpu will also help.
  2. I've tried turning everything on lowest and turning off AA and MSAA. Didn't help. Also, any recommendations for a CPU overclocker? I've got a gigabyte mobo.
  3. You might actually be better off upgrading the cpu and getting a better one off ebay that will inturn overclock even more.
    Whats your mobo model?
  4. MA77OT-UDP3 I believe. It's not being sold on newegg anymore though. I've been looking into the new bulldozer CPUs.
  5. For $400 you could have an i5-2500k, 8GB of DDR3 1600, and a basic gen3 pci-e motherboard. If you stick with AMD make sure it's because you can only spend $100 or less.

I had a phenom 2 that was bottlenecking battlefield 3 bad. That and having less than 8GB of RAM. It was almost as cheap to upgrade to the setup I mention above, and it's much faster.
  6. AMD Phenom II X4 980 would be a good upgrade, have a look on ebay for a second hand one and see if its within your budget.
  7. monsta said:
    AMD Phenom II X4 980 would be a good upgrade, have a look on ebay for a second hand one and see if its within your budget.

agreed.

my 980@4.0 and 2 6950's xfire all run @100%,no bottlenecks me thinks.also you will not need more than 8G's of ram.Even though I run 16G(it's cheap enough)The most
    I pull while playing bf3 is 5.3G's.
  8. What about the 1100t? I remember a while back I was planning on getting it when it was about 200$. Now ever since bulldozer's underwhelming results, it's sold out nearly everywhere. But if I could find one would it be a good choice?
  9. You could go with an 1100t your mobo supports it, I just prefer the X4 980 as it has higher clocks

The 1100t isnt worth it in my opinion, the X4 980 would be faster.
  10. the dood said:
    What about the 1100t? I remember a while back I was planning on getting it when it was about 200$. Now ever since bulldozer's underwhelming results, it's sold out nearly everywhere. But if I could find one would it be a good choice?

I actually have both and they both work excellent,the 980 is on a crosshair IV and the 1100 is on a sabertooth 990fx.the 1100 is what i'm on atm,its running @4.0Ghz with a corsair h100 cooler.But both work great with BF3.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Battlefield FPS Graphics