Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Cannot open AMD Vision Centre (Catalyst Control Center)

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • AMD
  • Catalyst
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
February 5, 2012 9:43:47 PM

I am having major problems since a fresh install of Windows 7 64 bit.
The Catalyst Control Centre is now called AMD Vision Centre and will not open!
I just get the timer circle thing and nothing happens.
I tried un installing the drivers and amd software then starting in safe mode I used Ccleaner and Driver Sweeper to get rid of the old driver files.
Still nothing.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dom.

More about : open amd vision centre catalyst control center

February 5, 2012 10:11:15 PM

found this suggestion:
This has been the most effictive advise with getting my CCC to work, after uninstalling everything using the driver sweeper and all that, :

While UAC is turned off (Vista/7 only) navigate to the "C:\Windows\Assembly" folder and delete any assemblies which have the public token key "90ba9c70f846762e". It is possible that you won't find any, but check it.

Is this a good idea? Just that there is a lot in the assembly folder with that key 90ba9c70f846762e. Concerned.
February 5, 2012 10:23:05 PM

Nope didn't work! :-(
April 9, 2013 11:55:31 PM

The problem, as it has been for many people, is a Microsoft "improvement" to Windows 7's graphics to make it more Windows-8-like and support IE10 - but it also breaks ATI's display drivers. This is the culprit: update KB2670838. I have an ATI Radeon HD2600XT and this has been vexing me for months. It has also been making Windows Calculator unusable - which is where I found the solution (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/window...). Shame on Microsoft for releasing a 'patch' which breaks so many people's display drivers - and not fixing it!

As soon as I uninstalled this patch (via Control Panel / Programs and Features / Show Updates) and rebooted, CCC began working just fine - and Calculator was back to normal too.