Cosmos II fans issues

lyusi_bg

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Hi guys I have been having really annoying fan/fan controller issues and I would really love to get some opinions on that.
To make my story short I was building new computer and decide to tread myself and get top of the line case,…. so yeah I end up with Cooler Master Cosmos II case.
First impression … Great, huge firm build I was happy until it got quiet in the room. I notice some clicking noisy and since I couldn’t believe it’s coming from such flagship case I even end up changing the power supplies…… lol its ok to laugh… well that wasn’t it LOL.
So I start reading it turns out many people are having the same issue so I gave Cooler Master and they were nice enough to send me new controller is 2weeks give or take so 3 hours later to replace the whole thing with the million wires …… same thing clicking from all 5 fans. Called again they said they are working on a better improved version ….. ok I can wait some more even at $350+tax price tag why not…
So 1 more month I had to request the new “improved” controller 2 weeks more I got the mighty, long-awaited upgraded fan controller… 3 more hours and guess what?!... From little fan “clicking” noise I went to loud vibration and buzzing sound I mean loud you can clearly hear it with a movie on. Called again and ONE more controller and very much same thing.
So I am at the point where I would like to go to the court house and pay my $56 and file a small claim lawsuit against this “great” company
So to get to my question anyone came up to the same issue? Any recommendations on fans to replace what cooler master have provided?
I am really not looking to spend couple of hundreds on fans. I was kind of looking at Cougar fans from newegg but they are fixed RPM and I was wondering will I be able to control the speed thru the fan controller. Since I think that is what caused the issue with the first controller because the fans that come with the case are fixed RPM and I have Noctua fan I tried with the first controller and does not make clicking noise, however they cost $30 each and I am trying to not spend that much money. My ultimate goal is to have silent pc I am not over clocking anything or looking for High performance just good airflow.
Thanks for reading my “short” story and I will greatly appreciate any tips or suggestions.

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Sorry to hear about your problems, and yes it does sound like a fan issue.

There are a lot out there for you to choose from, among those are a new line of fans recently released by Corsair that might just be to your liking, they come in a Performance Edition and a Quiet Editin.
For the price, these are some very nice fans, but do take a look at some of what Scythe has to offer.

lyusi_bg

Honorable
May 21, 2012

Hi tnx for the replay I was looking at the Corsair fans but spec wise there are better I sould of gotten Corsair case to begin with not some over priced made up junk. Would I be able to control the speed of the Corsair fans with the stock Cosmos 2 controller?