(FINAL) CPU + MoBo Budget

armedtoe

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2012
BUGET: $210 MAX
I have already purchased some components for my system, but I am now revising my final requirements, my CPU and Motherboard.
Here are my current components:
Sapphire HD 6850 (crossfire support)
550W OCZ power supply
2 x 2GB 1600 RipJaws
Older AT case (not atx)
720p Monitor
Mouse/Keyboard/ect already owned
Requirements:
Must support current hardware (already purchased)
Must be able to play all(if not most) current games on Very High
Must fit in my AT case. (i have pictures if required)
Optional:
USB 3.0 ports would be nice
CrossfireX support if possible, but i'm willing to sacrifice it for the sake of my low budget.
A main reason I came back is because i hear that an AMD processor requires a higher graphics card in gaming. I am not quite sure if mine is powerful enough, as I have not had a motherboard to test any of this on.
Thank you TomsHardware.. Hopefully this will be my last time of leeching.
I would love to contribute with my findings once this build is completed :)

AT case everyone seems so concerned about
100_0093.jpg

100_0091.jpg

There is a fan on the side, and I plan on placing another in the back.

Solution
Wait until May 1st, buy an i3 sandy bridge once the price has gone down because of the release of ivy bridge. Obviously buy a z68 mobo or z77 but, it looks like you're doing a budget build, so I suggest the z68. I suggest buying another case you can get a cheap one for like $50 thats good.

$210 dollar budget aint gonna do much, I'd suggest another $100-$150 dollars and you'll be golden

armedtoe

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2012

You mean the case? :heink: I am going to cut a hole in the side to fit it once i have everything else organized.
"Older AT case" I am LOOKING for the motherboard to place in it.

Delengowski

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
Wait until May 1st, buy an i3 sandy bridge once the price has gone down because of the release of ivy bridge. Obviously buy a z68 mobo or z77 but, it looks like you're doing a budget build, so I suggest the z68. I suggest buying another case you can get a cheap one for like $50 thats good.

$210 dollar budget aint gonna do much, I'd suggest another $100-$150 dollars and you'll be golden

Solution

jkremis

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119227&Tpk=Elite%20430

Can I suggest this case? not sure how you feel about the LEDs (they're pretty bright) but the air flow in this case for the price is absolutely incredible if you add a fan or two. Plus, it's a very roomy case, but not a behemoth.

Just my suggestion, take it for what it is. I only mentioned it because there is essentially $20 off for it right now with the $10 promo code and $10 MIR (and you get a check as opposed to a Visa gift card!! lol).

Edit: Actually, it's cheaper overall if you include shipping on the case you linked to!

armedtoe

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2012

For a good crossfire setup, I would need to invest ~$150 in the motherboard, and another ~$140 in the other chip. I will just continue with the setup i have linked to due to a lack of funds :l
Thanks, guys! :D :D