Solved

Hyper 212plus compatible with i5-3570k ivy?

im wondering if the Hyper 212 plus, heatsink and fan is compatible with an i5-3570k ivy bridge cpu, i've checked on newegg and it says compatibility with i5 and sandy, but i just wanted to make sure
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hyper 212plus compatible 3570k
  1. Best answer
    Yes, they are compatible :) The socket type is LGA1155 for the i5 3570k, which is exactly the same as the i5 2500k.
  2. Yes it is and is not bad choice at all.

Many guys here use that combo : )
  3. i guess while on the topic of it, is the stock fan that comes with the heatsink a good one, or should switch it out for something better?
  4. bloyd2906 said:
    i guess while on the topic of it, is the stock fan that comes with the heatsink a good one, or should switch it out for something better?

Personally I don't really like the stock cooler that comes with Intel CPU's. I believe their mounting push pins to be very flimsy, not to mention they don't cool very well compared to something like a Hyper 212+/EVO :)
  5. Its just fine, that 212 EVO. If u will buy another fan,

it may not be better at all, but with that extra $$,

u could spend it on better CPU cooler : )

6. mocchan said:
    Personally I don't really like the stock cooler that comes with Intel CPU's. I believe their mounting push pins to be very flimsy, not to mention they don't cool very well compared to something like a Hyper 212+/EVO :)

thats what im asking, the fan that comes with the 212+ i plan on getting a 212+
  7. nikorr said:
    Its just fine, that 212 EVO. If u will buy another fan,

it may not be better at all, but with that extra $$,

u could spend it on better CPU cooler : )

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7519/h60vscmhyper612vsnoctua.png

ah the noctua lol, im lookin at that one also
  8. bloyd2906 said:
    ah the noctua lol, im lookin at that one also

Its all about the budget, right? : )
  9. The 212 EVO is best with performance/price ratio.
  10. @ OP, sorry for misunderstanding :lol: the stock fan that comes with the 212+/EVO will do just fine.

But I agree with Nikorr, considering the price, the Hyper 212's have to be the best performing :)
  11. alright i guess its settled then, i appreciate the help guys! im probably gonna go with the hyper 212 evo
  12. You have seen the temps, its a good choice.
  13. bloyd2906 said:
    alright i guess its settled then, i appreciate the help guys! im probably gonna go with the hyper 212 evo

You're welcome! :) Have fun
  14. Best answer selected by bloyd2906.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Heatsinks Compatibility Intel i5 Product