How to select best answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
You must start the thread at a question thread before best answer is available. If you choose discussion or poll,then there will be no best answer.

Go back to your thread and edit your first post. Then change the thread from discussion or poll to question. They are tabs on the top of the area where you edit your post.
You must start the thread at a question thread before best answer is available. If you choose discussion or poll,then there will be no best answer.

Go back to your thread and edit your first post. Then change the thread from discussion or poll to question. They are tabs on the top of the area where you edit your post.

Solution

Selwyn McDonald

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
I have same problem and followed Pyree's advice.

I logged in and clicked on the edit button for my first post in the thread.

The post edit screen came up but when I clicked on the 'Question' tab and clicked on 'submit' I got the message "you are not allowed to edit this post"

Is there a time limit which restricts editing of old posts? It's only been a week.

It might only be Mods and Admin who change thread types once they have been submitted, which thread did you want changed?

Selwyn McDonald

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009

OK, understood. Thank you.

gustafangus

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

Hi,

I know this is old, but i didn't want to open up a new thread. I asked this question:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1644828/3820-overclock-ram.html#10619208

But i cant choose best answer, coul you please turn it into a question?

Thanks!

randomizer

Champion
Done! For future reference, you can do this yourself by clicking the Full Edit button (the pencil in the lower right corner without the trail behind it) on the first post in the thread, checking the "Request solutions to this Question (not a discussion)" box and saving the post.

lethalmaster117

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013

Can you do this one too? http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1646511/heatsink-thermal-paste.html#10626822

Status
Not open for further replies.