Sign in with
Your question

No POST Beep or Video out in New Build

Last response: in Systems
April 14, 2012 1:50:48 AM

New build doesn't have POST beeps or video out. Ruh roh!
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 631 (AD631XWNGXBOX)
Mobo: Biostar A75MH
Graphics: Radeon HD 6790, Colormaster
RAM: 2 x 2GB 240 pin DDR3 1600
Case: Antec Three Hundred Illlusion
Power supply: Coolmax ZX-500 500W (checked with paperclip and multimeter, functional)

Began building today. Case, graphics, and CPU fans spin, fan's LEDs light up. Attempted booting without graphics card, without RAM. Read the thread regarding standard procedure to resolve non-booting issues to no avail. Mobo officially supports our CPU and RAM. I have more than enough watts to power the computer. Mostly assembled, save attatching the hard drive and other bits and pieces, but the above pieces are assembled. Graphics card is in the PCI x16 port has power, the 24pin and 4pin plugs are inserted into the motherboard. So far, I have no POST beeps, and no video out working from VGA. I've used the OEM instructions to reset the CMOS. Haven't tried HDMI, but I honestly doubt it would make a difference.

You guys probably know better than me. So, how bad can it be?

More about : post beep video build

April 14, 2012 1:54:41 AM

Wait. You are connected by VGA? That means you aren't connected to your GPU..?
m
l
April 14, 2012 1:56:25 AM

I've tried getting video out straight from both the adapter on the graphics card, and the VGA port on the motherboard.
m
l
April 14, 2012 3:52:57 AM

Came back with HDMI cable, and different speaker header for the POST beeps. No change in state.
m
l
!