Cutting HDD cage to fit Video card

Junk87

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
I got a crappy budget mid tower case a few years ago (unfortunately) and the clearance for a video card is only 9.5.

The cards im looking at purchasing are anywhere from 11-12 inches in length. Will cutting part of the cage out affect anything in any way?

Solution
it could be a main structural support of the entire case...just be careful when doing it dont cut the thing all the way from one side to the other just cut a notch out if you get what I am talking about (basically dont cut anymore then you have to) and if you dont have too much weight at the top of the case you should be fine

drums101

Distinguished
it could be a main structural support of the entire case...just be careful when doing it dont cut the thing all the way from one side to the other just cut a notch out if you get what I am talking about (basically dont cut anymore then you have to) and if you dont have too much weight at the top of the case you should be fine

Solution

Junk87

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

I didn't even think of support, thanks for pointing that out. Im glad i asked before starting up the chainsaw.