Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Graphics Cards
  • Hard Drives
  • Components
Last response: in Components
July 27, 2012 2:50:33 AM

I got a crappy budget mid tower case a few years ago (unfortunately) and the clearance for a video card is only 9.5.

The cards im looking at purchasing are anywhere from 11-12 inches in length. Will cutting part of the cage out affect anything in any way?

More about : cutting hdd cage fit video card

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
a c 104 U Graphics card
July 27, 2012 3:03:52 AM

it could be a main structural support of the entire case...just be careful when doing it dont cut the thing all the way from one side to the other just cut a notch out if you get what I am talking about (basically dont cut anymore then you have to) and if you dont have too much weight at the top of the case you should be fine
July 27, 2012 4:27:34 AM

drums101 said:
it could be a main structural support of the entire case...just be careful when doing it dont cut the thing all the way from one side to the other just cut a notch out if you get what I am talking about (basically dont cut anymore then you have to) and if you dont have too much weight at the top of the case you should be fine

I didn't even think of support, thanks for pointing that out. Im glad i asked before starting up the chainsaw.
m
l
Related resources
July 27, 2012 4:28:51 AM

Best answer selected by Junk87.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a c 104 U Graphics card
July 27, 2012 4:33:19 AM

hahah yea if in doubt always ask....I have done this myself on cases and I have a couple buddies who have done it with no problems so it def can be done just be careful
m
l
!