Solved

Which PSU?

Here's what I've got cookin':

Gateway DX4840
Intel Core i3 550 (will probably upgrade to an i5 processor sometime in future)
8GB RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti (or comparable)
1 TB HDD

I'm not an expert on power supplies, so I wanted a more knowledgeable opinion about this subject. I saw the Rosewill Green Series RG530-S12 530W on the suggested PSU thread. It seemed good enough and pretty inexpensive. Your thoughts.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which
  1. Also XFX Core Edition PRO550W seemed pretty good, but also it is more expensive.
  2. Best answer
    that psu would serve your purpose just fine....pretty much for a 560 ti or equivalent 500watts would be plenty. you could even get by with a 450watt psu but to play it safe 500.....some other good brands to look at are pcp&c (expensive) corsair, coolermaster, and antec....the one you picked out is a pretty good deal
  3. Best answer selected by StOrM1060.
  4. drums101 said:
    that psu would serve your purpose just fine....pretty much for a 560 ti or equivalent 500watts would be plenty. you could even get by with a 450watt psu but to play it safe 500.....some other good brands to look at are pcp&c (expensive) corsair, coolermaster, and antec....the one you picked out is a pretty good deal

Thanks. I looked into the Corsair ones and I found a great deal on a 600W one. Yay for promo codes and mail in rebates!
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product